Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Who's your picks for 2014 Wimbledon Men's Semifinals/Finals?

Djokovic vs. Dmitrov: I am going with Djokovic's ability to be consistent, his strong return, his solid backhand, his angling forehand. I think it will exceed Dmitrov's weapons quite easily.

Federer vs. Raonic: As much as love Raonic's serve and I see he is more focused than ever, I will have to give the nod to Federer due to his experience, his guile and ability to play the net more effectively. His approaches to net look better than Raonic.

FINAL: Djokovic vs. Federer---  I am picking Djokovic to win over Federer due to his better backhand, better return and ability to be consistent in longer rallies. If Fed can keep all the points short and win rallies under 4 balls, then I'd root for him. But his serve did not look dominant against Wawrinka. With the world's best returner, his serve has to be alot better.

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will cheer for Fed, I guess it's one of his last chances to get one more Slam title, he's getting old for pro tennis 
Djokovic will definitely meet the game head-on (he's pretty much the favorite for this match) and most probably he will win

lol, how many rackets Novak is going to break this time? :)

great picks. I really had no idea about yesterday's matches, but now I'd have to pick nole over fed.
our may go to five sets and I'm not a believer in Rogers stamina. but I'm truly rooting for the old dog.
I am going for number 18

Maybe that is Federer's last run at Wimby? Would be unfortunate.

I think that is what many were thinking to ourselves, but no one really wanted to say it out loud.  Did any of the announcers/ commentators mention it?

I didn't really listen to the announcers too closely. But it was Fed's wistful look as he sat in his chair after shaking hands with Djoko.

Ouch!   :-(

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service