What Will Be your New Year Tennis Resolutions?
Please up date all Here on this discussion for the New Year of 2014.
add PICs and stuff of interest about you and your resolutions.
Have a Maximum of five no minimum.
Here is My List for every Year of my life.
1. Establish and Gain More tennis players for my Tennis programs and classes.
2 Lose some of my 205LBS and get back into playing shape. Start Training today
3 Love more ( hey lady's)
4 Play more tennis with my Baby girl
5 KICK SOME BUTT.
6 Teach players to kick some Butt
Replies to This Discussion
My tennis resolutions 2014
1. Continuous practices on every aspect of the game
2. Improve my mental toughness and concentration in every game
3. Win about 98% of all single matches.
4. No complacency, and play tough matches
5. Improve first and second serves to about 85% consistency on average first, and 95% second serve.
Maintain average serve speed of 120 mph.
In terms of coaching
Get my first 10 clients within the first half of the year. Adults (60%, and Kids 10 to 16yrs)
Isaac, Great goals! I like number 1; I should have that on my list too.
But number 3 presents a question: If you are winning 98% of your matches, then you are not playing at the right level and not getting the quality of matches you should. Great improvement comes from playing better players, so I think the ideal match victory is more in the 60-70% range. What do you think about that?
I like this thread Coach.
1. Heal up on this nagging patellar tendinitis (I've laid off the knee since last week of November)
2. Get to playing weight again. Currently in the 160s. Goal is 135-140s
3. Finally get around to taking a few tennis lessons
Naw first timer here coach..
Speaking of, went to a spin class last night and it was brutal! Anyone tried it?
I dont like spin because i have a bike....and i like scenery
I can't remember if I put goals on here before, but I know I have some that I really want to achieve.
1- Practice at mimimum 4 times a week. I'm an all around athlete and have added sand and indoor volleyball to my sports list. Its hard to balance all of the sports I enjoy playing, work, and stay active in my ministry work. But I want to find a way to work everything in so that I'm able to devote more concerted time and focus to my tennis game.
2- Aggression moving towards net and belief in my first volley. I (as most of us do) can hold my own on the baseline against most. But I want to maximize my size and the abilities that come with it. My wing span is 7'4, so I should be more imposing at net. But it seems that the only times I come in are when its not on my terms. I want to change that this year.
3- Continue to drop weight. I'm 6'9 and at my heaviest 350lbs. I'm down to 310 and counting. The funny part is because I'm so tall and broad shouldered, you really can't see that much of a difference. But my knees and lungs definitely can tell.
4- See a professional tennis match. I'm pretty sure, if nothing changes at work, that I'll be going to the Houston Open. Its only a 2 hour drive from me, so I don't know why I've never committed to it before. It'll be a bucket list cross off for sure!
check out my fitness goals and work out here maybe you will join me.
1. Work on my second serve
2. Work on improving my endurance
These 2 would be the most important:)
When I improved my second serve it moved me from a 4.0 to a 4.5 almost immediately.
Endurance makes a huge difference too - I need to get that back at the moment....
Excellent discussion everyone! I have never set resolutions so hopefully starting this will help me to stay focus:
* Stick with minimum of 4x/wk quality practice to improve play
* Gain weight of good 10-15lbs for better endurance
* Grow tennis network so we can encourage fellow players and enjoy the sport even more