Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I am going with Nadal over Djokovic on this one. I just think his game plan, his fitness and his unrelenting focus will get it done. I still think Djoko has his confidence ruffled, having not won a tourney since Monte Carlo. Eons ago.

As for Serena vs. Azarenka, I think whoever brings the most offense to the table and wins the first set will win. In my mind, the Serena serve is still much more potent than Azarenka's and it will be the decider.

Who's your picks and why? No, "just because" reasoning. lol

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the men's side is an easy call; Nadal over Nole.  Nadal is on fire right now; top confidence, top fitness.  Gasquet just does not have the legs to keep up with Mr. Nadal.  Wawrinka has been looking good and I would love to see him in a final, but Nole has too much experience and will be more relaxed than Stan.

The toughest match of the 4 to pick is the women's final.  This could go either way.  I think Serena will get it because her confidence is there and Vicka's is on life support.  This is the payback match Serena has been waiting for, so I think she will come ready to play.

I am going to go with my two favorites Novak and Serena. 

One correct, one to go.  Why do you think Novak can stop Rafa who has looked unstoppable?

Well I went with Serena on the Women's side and of course she won. I don't think I remember a recent final that windy! I mean it was really swirling down there. I think the match would have still been close in the second set, but with how Serena started, calmer elemental conditions would have let her steam roll I believe. That being said, when she lost to Vika in Cinci, I said then if she doesn't get the confidence with her forehand down before the final (the reason I feel she lost that final to Vika), she would lose. Sure enough, the majority of the errors she produced throughout the entire match, but especially in that second set, were cross court forehands. She couldn't get the timing down, though the wind was an issue. 3rd set, though, she found her range cross court again, and she was able to move Vika off the court and finish down the line off both wings. If she plays like that, she shouldn't have a problem hitting 20 by 2015. Her and Vika are always favorites on Hard Courts, and I think she's still going to be the favorite at Wimbledon until she retires. Well done by her!

On the men's side, I'm going to go with Nadal, under one condition: he plays offensive AND sticks on the baseline. IMO the only real trouble he had was against Kohlshreiber, and it started when he moved 10 feet behind the baseline and played like he was on clay. His defense was good enough then to still get into many of the points, but that never has worked in his favor against Djoker..he's the fresher of the two, but the adrenaline of their rivalry will help the tired Novak I'm sure. If he plays aggressive from the beginning, I take Rafa in 4 sets. He has to really keep that first serve % high and try and get Djoker's legs from underneath him early. Expect lots of long rallies before Novak starts to wear out close to the end of the 3rd!

Cordell, you make a whole lotta sense there. I ain't gonna argue with any of that. lol

How would you say my pregame anysis held up now that youve seen the final of both?? I'm tryin to get on @coachv's level with this lol

Damn, you were dead-on in both matches.  You could be an announcer!

Lol don't get me started Mark.

I like it. Cordell "Bud" Collins! lol

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service