Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Is awesome!

Sandbagging- the art of playing in a division that is easy for you to dominate.

Why? Because these leagues have post seasons in cool places :)

I think it is most prevalent in the USTA leagues. When I moved to sac I could win every 5.0 tournament but couldn't make the 5.0 team I wanted to be on.

The best sandbag I ever played was connor olson in a 5.0 (#1 for sonoma state that year, and the next, and the previous) I was pissed at first, thinking he is not a 5.0! But the truth is you have to beat everyone sometime and when people lose to me that is the first thing they say.

The best sandbag I have ever seen was eric holmes (davis player) playing 4.5

Best expierence being a sandbagger- I was playing the #1 5.0 in norcal. On my way to beating him 6-0 6-0 we got in a screaming match. From baseline to baseline he yelled "you sand bagging POS you are not a 5.0!" (Saying I am too good) I told him, "no. Your not a 5.0! Your terrible" We have played against each other since then and he apologized. (I won that match too)

Has anyone ever lost to a sandbagger? Has anyone ever played the roll of sandbagger?
post your stories here!

Views: 1585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds interesting. But you need to practice your strokes under the pressure of a tournament. It is different when the ball is not fed to you. With an opponent implementing their game it is going to be tough to decide if you should hit this backhand like sampras, or edberg, or becker or maybe this one should be more like ivanesvich?

There is a lot more to tennis than good form. It is different when the ball is not fed to you. That is why I owe it to my clients to stay active in competition.
Dude... sweeden has 1 legit player right now in soderling, I think we are already stronger than them.

Do you really think this video analysis is why the U.S. fell behind? I have a 13 yr old cient who ended up ranked #4 in the world in the 12's. She went to the USTA ATC in socal before she left to go play tennis europe, and guess what? They taped her strokes and split screened it with the pro of their choice. You were not the first one to think about doing this =/
This technology already exists. Darkfish 5.5 is the latest and greatest sofware right now. I just went to a seminar. The program lets you overlay your groundies on top of the pro of your choice, not just next to him/her. Cool huh?
Tim, didn't going back and forth between racquetball and tennis really screw with your stroke mechanics?   I was told by my dad and all my instructors to stay away from RB because it would wreck my tennis strokes.
Word. I have heard this too. Lots of wrist in racquet ball?
I was wrong. It is called dartfish 5.5 video analysis software. Ever heard of it? Check it out. You can overlay a pro's stroke over your own! Pretty cool aye?
Back to the topic. I killed two guys on clay today I lost 6 games in 2 matches with no bagels. . I doubt I will be invited back next year. First place is $250. I better make this year count ;)

sandbag is awesome

Hey John, sorry been out trying to find my mother a new home. Takin' all my tennis time. Dartfish 5.5? Sounds superkiller if it is superimposed! I love this kind of stuff. Must be great to fool around with. I'd like to have a copy. lol

Mark, well, I did switch between racquetball and tennis for years. I even played squash. You just have to relax and reset your nervous control. I can still do it, but you do have to be mindful. It is partly realizing the swing speed, the dwell time and the swing shape.

My racquetball forehand was continental flat blaster with a touch of slice to keep it low and skiddy. The motion is very pull stroke (racquet head way behind the wrist up to the last moment of contact). So when I saw Fed's forehand for the first time, I said to myself, I can figure that pull stroke out. It took me a year to really understand it though in all its variations.

Tim. Hit up yellowfuzzyballs.com and I am sure you can do it there too. Maybe free?
I see a player stroke library there. So how do I superimpose my stroke using what they have of their footage?
I have never used fuzzy yellow balls myself. I just heard about it tonight bc "fuzzy yellow balls" is the name of our soccer team. I actually just learned to use dartfish 5.5 though =)
How difficult is it to use dartfish? You said you went to a seminar. I think that would make clients want that analysis real bad.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service