Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

My full men's Australian Open draw predictions, starting from the present third round. What's yours?

So let's see on paper what each one of us has for the fourth round. I'll do mine as an example:

Djokovic-Mahut--->      [Djokovic]------------> [Djokovic]------>semi[Djokovic]-------->final [Djokovic]

Raonic-Hewitt--->        [Raonic]

Tipsarevic-Gasquet--->  [Gasquet]----------> [Gasquet]

Chela-Ferrer--->            [Ferrer]

Murray-Llodra--->           [Murray]------------>[Murray]-------->semi [Murray]

Kukushkin-Monfils--->    [Monfils]

Benneteau-Nishikori--->    [Nishikori]

Gil-Tsonga--->                 [Tsonga]---------->[Tsonga]

Falla-Kohlschreiber--->     [Kohlschreiber]

Lu-Del Potro--->               [Del Potro]---------->[Del Potro]

Dolgopolov-Tomic--->        [Tomic]

Karlovic-Federer--->          [Federer]------------>[Federer]------->semi [Federer]---------->final[Federer]

Berdych-Anderson--->       [Berdych]---------> [Berdych]------>semi [Berdych]

Wawrinka-Almagro--->       [Wawrinka]

Isner-Lopez--->                 [Isner]

Nadal-Lacko--->                [Nadal]------------> [Nadal]

Winner:Djokovic 2012 Australian Open champion

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alrighty then. No Birdman to break the Top 4 guys. So it is Djokovic v Murray, Fed v Nadal. Kinda boring to keep seeing these guys over and over. 

Well, I'm sticking to my picks. The guys that hit through the ball wins: Djoko and Fed. Djoko wins. Has more topspin on the forehand, a much stronger backhand, and is in his mid twenties with no set of twins to take care of. :p 

In a way it is boring, but in another way it is even more exciting because these guys have so much history.  Can Murray do it?  And to see Fed and Rafa one more time!  I'm rooting so hard for Murray that it hurts.  I wonder if Lendl had any good ideas on how to beat Nole.

Murray better serve lights out. If he has a lull in his serve percentage, it is over. Lendl better get Murray not to fall in these lulls. I want to see something like Rome 2011 Djok/Murray. Relentless shotmaking.

Well, Fed had better watch out. Nadal is dredging that willpower again! Fed better get a high first serve percentage. Or Nadal is going to whip that forehand around. lol

I think Murray has the easier quarterfinal match, and will then be better rested for Djoko.  Ferrer has a great record against Djoko, and could make him go the distance.  I think the out look is pretty good for Murray. 

Like Tim, I think Rafa is playing the way he did in 2010.  Fed has little chance.

He definitely looks hungry and focused against Birdman. And to think, two weeks ago, he wasn't even fired up against Monfils! 

Different tournament, reflects on the legacy.  Two weeks ago was merely to get some PT in before the main event.

I wish the top dogs of today didn't do that. They should try to win absolutely everything, just like Lendl or Connors.

Gee whiz! No Federer in the final. He was sharp but Nadal is just supercharged. Supercharged beats sharp, almost every time.

I had a growing gut feeling for Nadal when I saw him pull it out against Berdych. In my mind, Berdych prepared Nadal for any forehand strike Fed could come up with. If he could get Berdych's bigger forehand, he'd be ready for Fed's, which is a fraction slower.

And Nadal is hitting those big forehands now. I stayed up all night seeing the first three sets!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service