Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Post PICs of your woody that you play With........er........ tennis Racquets I mean. Post only the racquets

Views: 1879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO, it would be a crime to own these racquets and not use them.  Are you a player or a collector?  String those babies up and put them to the use they were made for.  Obviously, you want to take care of them.  Put some tape around the hoop, an overgrip on the handle, don't try to dig out low volleys off the court surface. You don't have to play matches with them, but, you have to hit with them.  You just have to.  It's the unwritten law.  Actually, there might be something in the ITF official rules about owning wood racquets and not using them.  You don't need a record or jail time for hoarding woodies.  Too bad grass courts aren't readily available.  They are easier on racquets as well as knees.

lol..no worries, I will play with them for sure. I purchased them to play with and not to show case. Just saying a part of me is in love with their beautiful condition. Overgrip for sure and as you said I will be extra careful digging low balls. I'm taking one of them today for stringing. Weekend weather looks nice in chicago so I would love to hit with one of these beauts.

Please do these frames justice and string them with VS gut.  Also, when I was using woodies, Babolat made a protective tape that you could put on the hoop to protect it from minor contact with the court.  It was a blue tape with some cloth reinforcement.  I'm sure it had a slight affect on the balance of a racquet, but, back then, we didn't know anything about those kinds of specs.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service