Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Am I the only one who hates Nadal?

Views: 1807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is pretty bold to "hate" a professional athlete in any sport, let alone Tennis.

Nadal is one of my favorite tennis players of all time. His energy and explosive playing style is what our sport needs.

This is one of the most exciting times in professional tennis and having Nadal out there playing with his energy and dynamic pressence has really turned tennis into a more visable sport.
Not only is nadal one of the few pros. to consistantly beat Federer, his serve gets it done. Agassi was not known for his serve. he was known for his quick reflexes and his consistancy in second serves and his Return of serve.

To have a game that is developed beyond just an explosive serve is what makes Nadal the great player he is.

Look at Roddick for example.. Roddick for example. He has a Huge serve in triple digits, but historicaly lacks the mobility or explosiveness that Nadal has.

Looking at Nadals Game or any Top 10 player you have to look beyond any signle element and see the players as a whole. Nadal is the whole package.

CoachV - William Vazquez said:
I think so, BUt I need lots of money.

Chris Hsu said:
maybe you have a chance on tour too since u r advocating serving in the 2 digits

Agassi's serve average in 2005 US-OPEN was 90 mph he only hit it hard in the final against federer. and if Nadal's second serve is only 80 and consistently beats Federer then yes he must be doing something right or you can look at it this way... you might still have a chance on the tour.

Chris Hsu said:
For those of you who think Nadal is great.
I just have 1 question for you.
How can you be considered great when your 2nd serve is in the 80's? That's like saying I am a great basketball player but I can't even touch the rim.

Serve is the most important shot of the game.
NOt only does nadal beats federer but he usually 2nd seed and has to beat the other top players to get to federer.

Addie Goodvibes said:
Not only is nadal one of the few pros. to consistantly beat Federer, his serve gets it done. Agassi was not known for his serve. he was known for his quick reflexes and his consistancy in second serves and his Return of serve.

To have a game that is developed beyond just an explosive serve is what makes Nadal the great player he is.

Look at Roddick for example.. Roddick for example. He has a Huge serve in triple digits, but historicaly lacks the mobility or explosiveness that Nadal has.

Looking at Nadals Game or any Top 10 player you have to look beyond any signle element and see the players as a whole. Nadal is the whole package.

I think so, BUt I need lots of money.

Chris Hsu said:
maybe you have a chance on tour too since u r advocating serving in the 2 digits

Agassi's serve average in 2005 US-OPEN was 90 mph he only hit it hard in the final against federer. and if Nadal's second serve is only 80 and consistently beats Federer then yes he must be doing something right or you can look at it this way... you might still have a chance on the tour.

Chris Hsu said:
For those of you who think Nadal is great.
I just have 1 question for you.
How can you be considered great when your 2nd serve is in the 80's? That's like saying I am a great basketball player but I can't even touch the rim.

Serve is the most important shot of the game.
nadal is 24 now, and has won Wimbledon 2 times. how can he not be GOAT?? I think he has 10 majors already. except US open. we know he can win on hard courts against Federer. ie Australian OPEN 2009. so its only a matter of time, He will probably be the youngest player to win a grand slam in the modern pro era.
he simply needs to win more majors before he's earned his way into GOAT conversation. he's at 8, btw. IMO, he's passed the beckers and edbergs (sorry, guys) and now among the connorses, mcenroe, and lendls (all also coincidentally at 7 or 8). to get into the federer-sampras-laver-agassi (ONLY because he won all the slams) group, he's got to win the Open and maybe another couple AusOpens. his talent level is there - he seems to play well everywhere and his volley is pretty darn good, for a baseliner or otherwise. of course, if he has to quit early, then that'll work against him. of course, borg retired early and is still included in the GOAT discussion....
I just think he is really boring, he has great spin and a power shot, but he plays like he should be on the WTA....baseline grinding may be the way of the future, but it is a boring thing to watch. Also, he is dumb looking.

mikeindo said:
he simply needs to win more majors before he's earned his way into GOAT conversation. he's at 8, btw. IMO, he's passed the beckers and edbergs (sorry, guys) and now among the connorses, mcenroe, and lendls (all also coincidentally at 7 or 8). to get into the federer-sampras-laver-agassi (ONLY because he won all the slams) group, he's got to win the Open and maybe another couple AusOpens. his talent level is there - he seems to play well everywhere and his volley is pretty darn good, for a baseliner or otherwise. of course, if he has to quit early, then that'll work against him. of course, borg retired early and is still included in the GOAT discussion....
Nadal has a all court game. but its lefty not righty, so its a little different. CoachV FREE tennis Tip on Strategy: Hitting cross Court is not a safe shot, when a Left handed player plays a right handed player. the safe shot is DTL.
YES!!
Nadal is a great player but I just don't like his playing style and court demeanor.
I have to agree, there's something about nadal that I just do not like, a few things actually ...
He looks like he's taking a huge one whenever he serves
Hate is a pretty stong opinion since you don't know the Man. Why waste your time "Hating" him. The guy plays Great tennis and has the fame & money you will NEVER have. So get a life and spread some LOVE!!! Ok Homey ?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service