Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Are you ready for the first major of the season? Come make your picks in our second annual Aussie Open Bracket Challenge. Pick the most winners in the men's draw and show everyone who's boss.

UPDATE: The bracket is closed! Good luck! If you missed this contest, don't worry - come back for the French Open challenge.

BritishTennis.net runs a "Battle Of The Boards" in which about 15 different tennis websites compete against one another. We (Tennisopolis) blew the other sites away last time with the most participants and several players toward the top of the leader board. "Over 800 people from 64 countries have taken part in these contests so far!" So, come support Tennisopolis and have fun following the matches for the next two weeks. Make your picks on this page at BT.

If you need any help, just ask MikeIndo, Jazz, ThePoet, Elaine, Blue Shirt or me.

I'll keep this thread updated, so check this message often to stay up to speed.
Good luck,
Mark

HELPFUL LINKS TO THE CURRENT STANDINGS
Total Points Divided By Team
Teams Knockout Competition

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark - good to see that Tennisopolis will be taking part again. I like your ao pick 'em banner - any chance you've got a bigger version that I could put at the top of the BT competitions page while this comp is on?

If so, could you email the file as big as you've got to btpickem@hotmail.com
Yeah cool
Remind me and I'll give it a go
Rich
No problem. I just emailed you the largest file we have.
Thanks for doing such a great job running the Battle.
Good luck you - you'll need it!
M

Steven said:
Mark - good to see that Tennisopolis will be taking part again. I like your ao pick 'em banner - any chance you've got a bigger version that I could put at the top of the BT competitions page while this comp is on?

If so, could you email the file as big as you've got to btpickem@hotmail.com
Cool! It's a lot of fun.

richard meaghan said:
Yeah cool
Remind me and I'll give it a go
Rich
Looks like it'll be open on Friday...
Thanks, it works fine, and yes, I'm sure I will ;-)

Mark / Mr. Mayor said:
No problem. I just emailed you the largest file we have.
Thanks for doing such a great job running the Battle.
Good luck you - you'll need it!
M

how does this all work??
richard meaghan said:
how does this all work??

Go to the BT link Mark provided above. tomorrow there will be a link to a page where you'll fill out your email address and name and stuff. be sure to select Tennisopolis.com as your team in the drop-down menu! then just start filling out your bracket one by one. you dont have to do it all at once, but you cant complete it or make any changes once the tournament has started. you can fill out more than one bracket too, but sign into BT with a different email address for the subsequent ones. (i found that one out the hard way!)
Thanks.....what do the brackets consist of? winner of match ups/guessing exact scores??
richard meaghan said:
Thanks.....what do the brackets consist of? winner of match ups/guessing exact scores??

just match winners. last year all they had was the mens singles draw...
You just pick the winnners, but ALL of them before a single match is played. So if you chose Murray to win it all and he chokes in the first round - tuff luck. (Not that Andy is going to let you down like that!)
M

richard meaghan said:
Entries are now open - here's the write-up the other boards are getting:

AUS OPEN 2009 'BATTLE OF THE BOARDS' PICK 'EM

"Be there or risk retaining your sanity for the next two weeks"

The entry form for the Australian Open pick 'em is now available via http://www.britishtennis.net/competitions.html

DEADLINE

The main draw starts at midnight UK time on Sunday night, so entries will close on Sunday at 23.59 GMT, which is 6.59 PM US Eastern, 11.00 Monday Melbourne time and 00.59 Monday CET. However, if you were not in the top 250 of the year-end overall pick 'em rankings, they may close earlier - please see (*) below.

There is plenty of time to enter and not much free time on Monday to sort out the results, so no late entries will be accepted under any circumstances.

WINNER PICKS

Before you pick your favourite player to win the title, it might be worth bearing in mind that the time you could most need this competition to keep your interest in the tournament going is if things don't go to plan and your favourite goes out early. Hence there's no need to feel disloyal if you don't pick them to win! Of course, having thought about this, you're then welcome to pick them to win anyway if you think they will!

MATCHES INVOLVING QUALIFIERS

Qualifying is due to finish on Saturday. If it does, the entry form with qualifiers placed will be available sometime on Saturday afternoon. You are of course welcome to enter before that and pick for matches involving qualifiers without knowing who they are if you want to.

(*) ENTRY LIMIT

We will cap the number of entrants at 500 if more than 500 people enter, with the top 250 in the overall pick 'em rankings getting automatic entry as long as they enter before the deadline and the remaining places going to those outside the top 250 and newbies on a first come first served basis. Automatic entry for top 250 players only applies if you enter with exactly the same name as is shown on the overall rankings at http://www.britishtennis.net/pickem/ranking.htm?n=1 so please be careful!

I doubt we'll go over 500 this time but just in case we do get close to 500, a link on the competitions page gives more info about the reasons why we impose the 500 limit and exactly how it will work.

EMAIL REMINDERS

Email reminders to those who asked for them will be going out sometime on Friday, or on Saturday afternoon to those who asked to be reminded only when qualifiers have been placed.

GOOD LUCK! (this is going to be a tough one to pick, so you'll probably need it ...)

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service