Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

NOTE : TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED - ENTRIES ARE CLOSED

Can Murray win a second slam?  Can Fed win number 17?  Can anybody stop Nole?

Who can actually win this thing? Fed, Djokovic, Andy, Del Potro, Ferrer, Tsonga or a dark horse?

Individual results divided by team:
http://www.britishtennis.net/pickem/2013aoin.htm?opolis

Teams League:

http://www.britishtennis.net/pickem/2013aotm.htm?opolis

*Be sure to list Tennisopolis as your team!

Entries due by Sunday.
Good luck!

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#TennistotheDEATH

#itisonlikedonkeykong

See you in Indian Wells.

Lol. I'm horrible at this. I think I messed up my brackets too. It says 'Raonic' for my winner... bahhh

Ouch! If you knew what you were doing we might be higher in the rankings! Mark should provide a guide or something ;)

I'm quite proud of my perfect day yesterday! Notice that I was the only one from TN to do so :P But, dannyw is very strong & *fingers crossed* for him getting the top spot with some luck! Mayor, I'm right on your tail ;)

Well Round 3 is now done. dannyw's no longer the leader but... wow! Has rascoe & The Mayor enjoyed some rising of late! They are seriously kicking some BOTB butt with the highest pts but find themselves in 3rd & 5th, respectively, due to tie-breaking! Sue Gerdsen & dannyw are still within touching distance though! Almagro vs. Tipsy and Tsonga vs. Gasquet are the matches that will make some changes in the rankings...

/woot/  thanks TennisFan - have you figured out what took us to the top?

CoachV is what took us to the Top BABY!!!!!!

im still last place even though i moved 1 up.

No, actually Pingponger is last. So, hooray for us! lol

So, after Rounds 4 and the QF's, we find ourselves in 10th place (out of 14 teams) in the TEAMS LEAGUE and we'll be either 5th or 6th in the TEAMS KNOCKOUT. The KO comp, not much we can do about. But, good news is we can move up in the LEAGUE!

Tonight's match between Djokovic and Ferrer won't help us much... unless Ferrer wins by some miracle. How? Since roughly 4% of all participants (about 12 people) picked Ferrer to reach the final and since a good portion (4) of them come from TN that could boost us up quite a bit! Maybe go up 2 spots, I'm guessing?!? It probably won't happen so we'll go down 1 place maybe.

BUT, the huge swing match is tomorrow between Federer (26%) & Murray (67%)! Guess what most of TN picked to win that SF? 55% picked good old Federer to reach a major final for the 11th year in a row to tie the most consecutive years a player has reached at least 1 major final: Sampras & Lendl! If that happens, we're good! Hopefully, with the huge amount of points for SF wins (6), we may move into the top 5 going in to the final :)

In the individual comp, roscoe has been holding steady in 2nd place! Unfortunately, The Mayor & Sue Gerdsen have dropped a bit :( But, dannyw has regained some steam to take Sue Gerdsen's former ranking at 11th! So, we have the 2nd highest and 2nd lowest scorers so far! lol Anyway, here are the standings;

Thanks for the rundown!  I am glad to see Coach V helping out the team now that he is beating someone.  My 8 year old daughter (Johnny Sue) is beating 3 dudes.  :)   I think these two semis are going to be great to watch.  Our boy Roscoe could win this whole enchilada if Fed wins!  He is the highest ranked player to have Fed winning.  So, does anyone know what Roscoe's username on 'opolis is?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service