Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Wow, I guess SAmpras can't get enought of these exhibitions. You know the money must be great. If Sampras can hang with Federer as he showed, I think he can take Marat.

--

Pete Sampras will face former world No. 1 player Marat Safin in an exhibition during the SAP Open on Feb. 18.

"Safin was granted a wild-card entry into the tournament Thursday. He will start his week by playing the exhibition against Sampras in a rematch of the 2000 U.S. Open final won by Safin in straight sets. Safin has won four of his seven career matches against Sampras.

Sampras, who retired after winning his record 14th major singles title at the 2002 U.S. Open, spent the past two summers playing in World Team Tennis events and participated on a limited basis this year on the senior circuit formed by former rival Jim Courier."

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a shame, I'll be there to watch the day matches but taking my bus load of players back to Visalia before the evening exhibition. I'd love to see Pete play Marat.
Wow. That sounds like fun anyway - a busload of tennis players going to see the pros. By the way Doug, how do you keep in touch with all your students and colleauges. I think you should start a HoferTennis Group and invite them. Then you can post notices, send group or individual messages. It would be great. Think about it. Take a look here.
Well now! If Marat plays like he did in those sets he won against Baghdatis at the OZ, this will make for a good show. Ah, I would like to see it.

blue
Well, IT WOULD'VE BEEN EXCITING! But look at this big news: Safin is OUT, Hass is IN.

SAN JOSE, California (AP) -Marat Safin withdrew from the upcoming SAP Open because of a stress fracture in his right leg and stomach flu.

Safin missed last weekend's Davis Cup tie for Russia against Serbia. He had been scheduled to play an exhibition next Monday against Pete Sampras to start the tournament. Tommy Haas will replace Safin in that match.

Fernando Gonzalez and Juan Martin Del Potro withdrew Monday from the San Jose tournament with injuries.

Am I the only one that thinks Sampras will win this easily? Uhoh- Giants vs Patriots all over again? Could Sampras go into this match thinking it will be easy after dealing with Federer?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service