Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I am thinking the streak stops in Rome.  I just think it is all going to be too much for him to handle.  A person doesn't change from being mentally fragile to mentally indestructible in a matter of a couple of months.  I just don't see it continueing.  Any thoughts....?

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I totally thought that Wawrinka might give him a fight, turns out Wawrinka rolls over for all the Top 3, especially his country mate.  Easy win for Djoker.  He next plays Soderling.  The last time they played was the the Year End Championships on fast hard courts and Soderling beat him in straight sets.  But that was in 2009.  We are a little distanced from that.  Soderling had a hard fought victory to get to this match.  It will be interesting to see if Soderling can be the streak breaker or not.  If Djoko gets past Soderling, he will more than likely face Murray in the semis.  Which could also be an interesting match, depending on which Murray shows up.  (Is his mommy in Italy with him?).  Anyway, the streak is alive at 36. 
Rafa destroyed Cilic.  Murray survived a three set match with Mayer.  If (When) Djoko gets to the Semis, (he plays Soderling) he will get Murray.  Is there enough firepower in the Murray game to do anything against Djoko?
Okay ya'll.  Djoko is truly on fire.  Made Soderling look like crap.  6-3, 6-0.  Extremely impressive victory.  Murray is next.  What will htat look like? 

It looked like a war! Murray really fought back in the 2nd set. Andy had a chance to end the streak in the 3rd serving at 5-4 but the Djoker slipped away and took it in the tiebreak.

Since I am his bug fan I just can't say when he will lose a match. At this moment only Nadal is the one who can stand close to him. I don't think he will lose it in a Rome. He might play 3 sets in final against Nadal but eventually he will outplay him again. Rolland Garos will be a tough cookie, since the court is too slow but again I would not be suprised if he can pool that one too...

It is true that Wimbledon will be a big challenge because his explosive movement can sometimes be too much for a grass and he will slip a lot. I am just concern that he does not get injured.

But if you ask me this year US Open will be finally his!

Time to look to Paris! Nole is the the Rome champ! I 'm worried more now about my Aegon prediction than RG!
Title #7 today.... at the rate he's going his streak may not even end this year
No kidding!  That was an amazing match today.  Killer points.  Who can beat him?
Only he, himself!
Well, have to admit, the way he is playing is like he is on a totally different plane.  However, once we get to the French, how is his body going to hold up.  In the finals, he kept on stretching his hip, and that knee has to still be bothering him.  I truly wonder if this will all catch up to him in the French.  I just can't see him maintaining this form for much longer. 
I am sticking with my pick....Rafa will defend his title.
ATP Finals in November. :)  Seriously, The guy's going to have a letdown at some point.  I say he wins RG and loses....oh, let's say mid-tournament at Wimbledon.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service