Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Is awesome!

Sandbagging- the art of playing in a division that is easy for you to dominate.

Why? Because these leagues have post seasons in cool places :)

I think it is most prevalent in the USTA leagues. When I moved to sac I could win every 5.0 tournament but couldn't make the 5.0 team I wanted to be on.

The best sandbag I ever played was connor olson in a 5.0 (#1 for sonoma state that year, and the next, and the previous) I was pissed at first, thinking he is not a 5.0! But the truth is you have to beat everyone sometime and when people lose to me that is the first thing they say.

The best sandbag I have ever seen was eric holmes (davis player) playing 4.5

Best expierence being a sandbagger- I was playing the #1 5.0 in norcal. On my way to beating him 6-0 6-0 we got in a screaming match. From baseline to baseline he yelled "you sand bagging POS you are not a 5.0!" (Saying I am too good) I told him, "no. Your not a 5.0! Your terrible" We have played against each other since then and he apologized. (I won that match too)

Has anyone ever lost to a sandbagger? Has anyone ever played the roll of sandbagger?
post your stories here!

Views: 1585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Top division 2 or 3 teams... you really think you can make ucsc's team? Or even sonoma state...
I watched UC Riverside Div II play UC Davis. I know I am better than some of the guys on that team, especially the doubles.
What team? Davis? I know most of em'
UC Riverside. There are some guys on that team I know I could beat. Davis was much better than Riverside, to my eye.
I don't go up to NorCal very much, only to visit my brother in Portland once every year. But if there comes a time I am up there, I'll let you know for sure.
Word. I guess the ntrp divisions are pretty wide. I was the #1 5.5 player this yr but couldn't make any 5.5 team I saw in pebble beach for sure
I also have not lost a 5.0 tournament match since early 07. (15-0)

But in leagues I am not the best (13-3) in my last two 5.0 seasons. It would have been much worse if I had beeen playing singles the second season.

So I guess ratings in tournaments and leagues are very different. For instance john dye (5.0 player of the year) has no place on our 5.0 team but he wants to get on a 4.5 team

Either way, become a usta member and play something so we can stop speculating he said she said
Leagues sound like a lot of fun, but I think I like to be on my own. I used to train really hard for racquetball tournaments, so I am going to do the same for tennis. So that will be two or three months of training.
I think most people feel that way. Tennis is an individual sport for the most part. Like boxing or chess. That is part of why I love the sport. Your right though, leagues are fun. I am in the middle of a clay league right now and making lots of friends

Funny, you should mention boxing and chess. I used to play alot of chess and I hit the heavy bag in the gym for forty five minutes at a time. Road cycling on my own for sixty miles is something I like to do too.

Clay is awesome to play on. There aren't too many clay courts in SoCal, but I play on the Burbank ones from time to time. Last time, I did it in the rain.

Damn. Busy dude. How long have you been playing tennis?

I kept switching between racquetball and tennis for 25 years. More racquetball than tennis, but these last three years have been only tennis.

I think the difference is how much analysis I am putting into technique alone. I only want to know the pure physics behind the strokes of the great players and why they hit that way. I did alot of experimentation, much like a physicist would, by empirical analysis.

I have uncovered a great deal mechanically. Some people are behind me in making a highly detailed instructional video on what I know of the Federer, Nadal, Agassi, Djokovic forehands, Sampras, Edberg, Becker, Ivanisevic serves, Kuerten, Edberg, Gasquet backhands. I think it would be of great use to U.S. juniors so they can catch up with Spain, Sweden, Serbia, etc.. That is my first goal, playing tournaments second.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service