Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hi Tennisopolites,

It is the start of a new year and the start of something great:  Racquets For Ghana!

Recently we gained a new member named AA Majeed that is doing great work in northern Ghana.  Majeed is spreading the game of tennis and bringing happiness to the economically disadvantaged children there.

I think this is a great cause, so Majeed and I launched this project to collect used (and new) tennis gear for these children in Ghana that are playing with makeshift wooden paddles and old tennis balls. The pictures are worth a thousand words. Hopefully we can generate some interest (and a stack of kids racquets for that matter.) Here are the details and pictures.

So, please look through your closets, talk to your tennis friends, scour the local thrift stores, post on your local craigslist "wanted" section, and collect a stack of racquets and/or shoes to send to our headquarters in Maryland. 

Thanks for your help.

Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas.

Views: 632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Philip is so sad to hear from you about your experience in african with this kids and you not been able to play tennis on African soil.Look some of us grew up there the hard way so am not surprise with the experience you had over there.I will like to state here that i was touched by the desire of some of this kids which made me to run voluntary tennis clinics for this kids in my own small way just to develop the game and the kids as well through the game of tennis. I will want to seek your help if there is any way you can also help because Mark and i already started gathering some few stuff for this kids.I have some few clips and pictures that can be made available for you if you know of any NGO who is interested in what am doing in African.

Just here to report the good news.  We have been collecting vigorously and now have about 25 or 30 frames I would estimate.  We have been hitting garage sales, thrift shops and our OWN TENNIS CLUB.  We got the club to send an email to our entire membership and we set up a box in the lobby.  Check it out:

Please help us collect.  We are quickly approaching the time to send them to Maryland!

Mark

Racquets For Ghana!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service