Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Nadal hints at getting a coach other than Uncle Toni Nadal.

"You never know what is in the future. The time has now come when I can say more to him than I have done previously. I’m not kidding when I say that from now on I will answer him back because I have more opinions than I had before,” the Daily Express quoted Nadal, as saying 

“If other people outside my family said to me what he says, then it would be very difficult to keep working together. Also he has three kids, and sometimes he gets tired of travelling. So, far I’ve been happy with how I’ve played this year, but not with my matches against Djokovic. He’s my motivation to play better,” he added Toni had introduced tennis to Rafael at the age of four".

I definitely think he needs a new serving coach and a tactical change. If he got Richard Krajicek or Boris Becker in his corner, it would give Nadal some of the edge to beat Djokovic in the future.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why would Nadal ever need help on clay? Nole must have already been in his head by then.
If things stay the way they are, I think Nadal will need help in beating Djokovic on any surface. You're right, he's already lost his mental edge.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service