Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Am I the only one who hates Nadal?

Views: 1807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You just might be! it's ok to hate, sometimes the things we hate get more attention than the things people like.
so go ahead and hate, I'll bet you still watch every match he plays in hope the under-dog will pull through.
I love Nadal because at one point he was the under-dog and I was fasinated to see how fast he rose from #21 to 3 and then went on to demloish Federer on every court surface he was supposed to lose to the #1 on.
You can't deny his skill.
i hate u for hating nadal. haha
I hate you for hating him for hating Nadal... errr... no actually I just hate myself for using the word hate so much.
:-)
M
He's got heart. A lot of it.
Cyndi said:
He's got heart. A lot of it.
Yeah! How can you hate that????
I think at this point Federer should turn his focus away from the rolling #1 rankings and concentrate on majors. If Fed wins at Doha and the Aussie open while Rafa may not be 100% back from the knee probs Fed would become #1 again. This is a lead that Roger could really stretch out because Rafa has a boatload of Clay court points and a master series shield to defend early in the season. This is all speculation with Federer having a back problem, but with no top level tennis for the next 7 weeks that's all we can do.
Yeah, but I'm not sure winning Majors is like it used to be for Fed. It's not a garauntee anymore - I thik he was putting everything into the Masters Cup, but it just wan't there. Against Murray, he didn't look like the Fed of old - he wasn't in control like usual.

So, what ca he do? I agree with you conclusion that he has to focus on majors.

*** really looking forward to the Aussie!!!
nadal reminds me so much of guillermo vilas. rafa is the most scrappiest player on tour. will get himself to get to anything. i do have a friend who actually played with him during their jr days and he even said he's very scrappy.
off the court, he says he's really nice to be around.
if there's anyone you need to hate it would be my man fabrice santoro of france. the ultimate junkball tennis player. no two shots are the same, drives a lot of players crazy. sorry, i'm a big fan of the guy. i wouldn't mind having his style of play at all. especially @ 46.
Yep. I love Santoro - I think it even says that on my profile here - but I know that, for the same reasons I love him, many a tennis fan hates him. There's a good Santoro thread here - I'd love to get your feedback on that thread Jun.

jun said:
if there's anyone you need to hate it would be my man fabrice santoro of france. the ultimate junkball tennis player. no two shots are the same, drives a lot of players crazy. sorry, i'm a big fan of the guy. i wouldn't mind having his style of play at all. especially @ 46.
no, you're not the only one, i hate his greasy hair, his butt picking, and his style of play, his lame extreme grip, his face, his voice, his stupid smile...I HATE NADAL
I really used to.. I thought he looked sloppier than me back in 04 when he was making his name. But he's changed his game up so much, from his backhand to his baseline position. Fed hasn't really changed at all, feeling like everyone should adjust to him for so long, and that's coming from a fan. Tennis does need more guys like Nadal, bringing more athleticism and muscle definition to the game. Short shorts look redundant now, thanks to him. I just don't want to be seeing too much more of him dominating. Bring some new blood to the game. ...Step up Donald Young *cough cough*..

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service