As the New Year dawns, we share some of our wishes for the tennis world in 2008 and beyond…
•Only kids under 18 are allowed to be ballpeople at pro tennis tournaments
•Tennis fans can view live video Web streaming of all matches from the Grand Slams, top-level ATP and WTA tournaments, as well as Davis Cup
•There is a (real) major rivalry at the top of the women’s game
•Rafael Nadal wins Wimbledon (one day)… and Roger Federer wins Roland Garros (one day)
•Tennis manufacturers (re)introduce collared shirts with front button plackets for tennis players
•There will be a top-tier women’s pro tennis tournament in South America
•Andy Roddick beats Roger Federer…
•Five set matches “are no more”…
•Marcos Baghdatis finds his way back to the finals of a Grand Slam
•Monica Seles plays in another Grand Slam
Mostly, I concur.
- Rafa already won Wimbledon - it wasn't a very good match so you may have forgotten. ;-)
- No more 5 set matches???!!!??!?!?!?!?!? Have you gone crazy?
- Would love a resurgence from Bags. Maybe at the Aussie again?
- Ballkids, how about a size restriction too. I think the kids need to be smaller than the players (regardless of age.)
- The major sports shows start giving tennis some love. We have an amazing rivalry on the men's side and a strong and compelling Top 4. The tennis is the most entertaining it has been in years. We need to see more tennis on your local news, Sports Center, newspapers, etc.