Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Does any one play with (or at least dabble with) any of their vintage sticks on the court currently?

I will break out my Pro Kennex Silver Ace, PK Graphite Prophecy, Yonex R-7, and Head Graphite Director ( among others ) every now and again to mix things up a bit.  I just strung a Bard Jade Fire (Graphite/Boron) and am anxious to work it into my current rotation...

Anyone else give court time their favorite vintage sticks these days?

Views: 1205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I played with a Head Graphite Edge today, great retro stick. It has a weird oval shape, and I strung it with Lux Big Banger......takes me back to the day.....

The Graphite Edge or all those older Head racquets have that distinctive oval. I had 3 Prestige Tour and two Prestige Classic 600. Nice and heavy. The Tours were too mushy to my taste though. 

Not really great with polys in my opinion. They need multis because that's what they were designed for. The flexible sticks need powerful strings.

messed around with my dunlop maxply mcenroe. love the feel of wood. also played with the head edgewood as well.

Dunlop Maxply, nice! What does the edgewood look like?

the edgewood? the wood version in the edge series when they were still around. like a slightly larger head vilas.

I play with a Prince Pro  1979 and a Head graphite Professional 6 days a week playing singles some of my favorite racquets I've played with

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service