Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Are you ready for the first major of the season? Come make your picks in our second annual Aussie Open Bracket Challenge. Pick the most winners in the men's draw and show everyone who's boss.

UPDATE: The bracket is closed! Good luck! If you missed this contest, don't worry - come back for the French Open challenge.

BritishTennis.net runs a "Battle Of The Boards" in which about 15 different tennis websites compete against one another. We (Tennisopolis) blew the other sites away last time with the most participants and several players toward the top of the leader board. "Over 800 people from 64 countries have taken part in these contests so far!" So, come support Tennisopolis and have fun following the matches for the next two weeks. Make your picks on this page at BT.

If you need any help, just ask MikeIndo, Jazz, ThePoet, Elaine, Blue Shirt or me.

I'll keep this thread updated, so check this message often to stay up to speed.
Good luck,
Mark

HELPFUL LINKS TO THE CURRENT STANDINGS
Total Points Divided By Team
Teams Knockout Competition

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You achieved a first today - in the pick 'em team KO competition, the team at the bottom of the teams league at the end of R1 of the tournament always gets drawn against the team at the top of the teams league at the end of R1 and has always lost that KO match, until this time when Tennisopolis beat (1) MensTennisForums. Well done!

You play the BBC team in the QFs, which are based on AO R3 results.
That's fantastic. I didn't even think that was possible! Now, where do we go to rub it in their faces?
M

Steven said:
You achieved a first today - in the pick 'em team KO competition, the team at the bottom of the teams league at the end of R1 of the tournament always gets drawn against the team at the top of the teams league at the end of R1 and has always lost that KO match, until this time when Tennisopolis beat (1) MensTennisForums. Well done!

You play the BBC team in the QFs, which are based on AO R3 results.
I updated the thread with the two most important links. Look above and you will see the results split up by team (this will help you see how all the Tennisopolites are matching up. And the second link shows the Team Knockout Competition where we are rocking the world. We started as the LOWEST SEED and now we have already knocked out two other teams. This is a Cinderalla story! Check it out.
go team!
djokovic not lookin so good right now...
the best i can do at this point is finish in the top 30 and thats if no one else accumulates any points! :P
I was doin so well. T_T cry cry cry cry cry.
imagine my utter horror this morning when i pulled up espn.com to see last night's result only to find they were just starting the 5th set!! so i flipped on the tv and was lucky enough to watch the rest of it. verdasco played lights-out, but nothing quite like DF-ing away a five-hour match...
So, we had a fantastic tournament with most all the seeds winning. This year there were very few surprises. Maybe Verdasco to the semi-final was the biggest upset. But in the end, we had the number 1 and 2 players in the world battle it out for the hardware. I think it is safe to say that Nadal is the BEST tennis player in the world on any surface at the moment.

Congrats to everyone who finished in our top ten:

Rank Today PLAYER WR Country Tm R1 R2 R3 R4 QF SF FI Winner SLR Correct TOTAL % of Max RP (^)

11 up 23 Red - USA TN 46 48 36 20 10 12 7 Rafa 1 92 179 72.5% 684
14 dn 8 Anthony Costantino - USA TN 51 48 36 20 10 12 Fed 1 96 177 71.7% 665
21 dn 9 Darius 197 USA TN 48 48 36 28 10 6 Fed 1 94 176 71.3% 649
26 dn 10 tennismember - USA TN 48 48 33 24 10 12 Fed 1 93 175 70.9% 636
43 up 53 FOSHIZZLE - USA TN 44 46 39 20 10 6 7 Rafa 1 89 172 69.6% 593
51 up 57 Chelseafan - IRL TN 40 40 33 24 15 12 7 Rafa 1 83 171 69.2% 576
58 dn 9 Van Sias 364 USA TN 46 44 33 20 15 12 Fed 1 89 170 68.8% 560
65 up 69 Jaybird - USA TN 46 38 36 20 10 12 7 Rafa 1 87 169 68.4% 544
66 dn 9 mymymiles - USA TN 44 46 30 28 15 6 A-Rod 0 88 169 68.4% 543
72 dn 10 osengur - USA TN 39 50 39 24 10 6 AndyM 0 86 168 68.0% 528

Big chops go out to Red who finished first, and to Anthony and Darius who came in 2nd and 3rd respectively. Thanks for making us look good in the Battle of the Boards. Much more respectable than me, who did not help our cause, finishing 298th! Ouch!

The next bracket challenge we'll do will probably be the French Open, so be sure to join our Bracketologists group so you'll get the updates. http://www.tennisopolis.com/group/bracketologists
Congrats on finishing in the top half of the teams competitions for the first time ever - 3rd in both the league and the KO, in fact. The new overall rankings after the AO can be found via http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html - mikeindo is still the highest ranked tennisopolis player, in 45th, but Darius (up 110 to 87th) has joined him in the top 100. That's pretty good when you realise that there are 875 people in the overall rankings!
Thanks Steven! Indeed, we moved from a bottom dweller to upper echelon!
mikeindo has the touch and the consistency for sure. Is the next challenge for the French?
M

Steven said:
Congrats on finishing in the top half of the teams competitions for the first time ever - 3rd in both the league and the KO, in fact. The new overall rankings after the AO can be found via http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html - mikeindo is still the highest ranked tennisopolis player, in 45th, but Darius (up 110 to 87th) has joined him in the top 100. That's pretty good when you realise that there are 875 people in the overall rankings!
Hey I appreciate the props! Although the AO for me wasnt quite as successful, and I stayed put at #45. Definitely looking fwd to Miami's event though! Let's hope even more of us jump on it and show the other suckas what's up!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service