Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

2014 Head Graphene Prestige Pro: Cilic's racquet or The Best of Both Worlds!

Two weeks ago, I used to have 4 Head IG Prestige Pros and 5 Tecnifibre TFight 325s. I would use the Prestige for doubles because of it's head light whippy underpowered goodness. And on other days, I would use the Tecnifibres whenever I wanted to dominate with my Western spin game. Now I've found the racquet that combines both characteristics in one package!

The Graphene Prestige Pro was 11.6 oz strung with overgrip as compared to 11.8 oz with the IG Prestige Pro. Where I felt the IG Prestige Pro lacked stability in the hoop, the Graphene had the hoop stability of the wider beamed Tecnifibre.

I was literally whipping the head faster as a result without having the tweener's characteristic trampoline effect. Everything came out even more controlled than the heavier Innegra predecessor with more drive. Perhaps Head's claim that Graphene is the world's strongest material per square inch was indeed true!

So I still had the feel of a Prestige but the stability of the Tecnifibre at a reduced weight. My forehand returns were more explosive and my flat serves picked up more speed. Even my high one handed backhands had greater zip.

Don't take my word for it. Everyone who had been playing doubles with me noticed the change too! So I of course got rid of my old racquets for three of these gems.

Views: 801

Reply to This

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service