Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hi everyone. CoachVhere to talk about the 2013 Steam 99s.

On October 19th 2012, Wilson invited me to come play test some of their new equipment for 2013.

the new Blades are good. the Blade tour will be great for players who are looking to switch from head prestige pro 93. The Blade tour in my opinion will offer better feel than the head prestige pro versions or classic.  if you are a Novack Fan and you like his racquet you will love the Blade 98 with the 16m by 19C racquet with the 360 amplifeel handle technology.

there is a new Juice 100 L ( for light ) more power & lighter.

New technology from Wilson

Now to the 2013 Steam 99s: retail is 219.00 BUY

Head size 99

Strung Weight 11.3 oz / 320 grams

Unstrung 10.7oz / 304 grams

Length 27

Balance 2 pts HL

String Pattern 16M x 15C

The racquet has 360 Amplifeel handle for more power and Dampening.

I cannot do Refunds. Refunds will cost you $50 in total. so please order Wisely.

the Story of the steam 99s

Ok so I'm sitting there listening to marketing materials.  Waiting to get on Court to test the racquet. Wilson explains that they test the RPMs of the ball using a Doppler radar  that was designed for golf originally and was transformed to tennis. the Doppler radar accurately counts the RPM for the ball  when hit with spin.

Now here comes the fun. the Counter play test racquet was a popular racquet with a player who may or may not be injured with knee problems currently.  They gave me that racquet "air bolate" ( hehe) & i got about 2900 RPM with the Counter test racquet. my score of 2900 was higher than everyone there even the other players and coaches who used the steam 99s.  Then they gave me the steam 99s and I got a 10% increase in Spin 3190 RPMs. my fastest shot was 85 MPH all forehands steam & air o BABYlatte.   Now think... with a 10% increase of spin I was able to hit the ball Higher Deeper with more consistency, How will this help you, just imagine that you get 10% better, how much more can you win.

This racquet will be a major game changer for allot of tennis players male female & Juniors in 2013.

Now what sold me on this racquet isn't the marketing from Wilson, & not me being a Wilson guy. What Sold me  was a miss hit that i made with the Steam 99s, that I was able to pull back in on the baseline using the steam 99s.

Ex. or what happened with the miss hit.

I had a shot where i didn't get close enough to the ball. I have a whipping trick that helps me add spin and pull the ball down and in sometimes. However this situation felt like one of those times where the ball will be just out and sail little long and it didn't to my surprise. The ball took a heavy curve down to hit the baseline.

I was thinking WOW i need a Tour version heavy like my Prostaff 90's. Wilson guys said no i cant have one and they will not make one, but i can lead tape it. ;'-( (boo hoo). 

I feel that if i can get a 10% percent increase of spin on my ball i will make less errors, if i make less errors I will win more ( now all the Wilson marketing makes sense cause that's their marketing this year lol aka win more )

if you would like to order early or have more questions about how to string the racquet or anything related to the 2013 line ups for Wilson let me know. thanks for your time

Sincerely

CoachVtennis.com

William Vazquez

PS here are some more news related info about the 99s

http://www.tenis.net.pl/wilson-spineffect-nowe-steamy-w-2013-roku/

this site has pop ups annoying but the info is here too

http://www.examiner.com/article/wilson-introduces-a-new-spin-on-ten...

Tweet & ReTweet @tennisprocoachV #CoachVtennis-CAMP to Win a Free tennis camp Session at http://ning.it/WtoMFM

Views: 11179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi coach,

I have just played a demo Head Extreme Pro 2.0 with spin sensation string. I really liked the racquet and thinking of switching to it. Curious, what your take would be on the racquet and new wilson steam you talked about.

It has been proven that Ruff or Shaped String doesn't add Spin, so string doesn't matter.

its the 1 to 1 effect of the string. Check out a stringing manual or research 1 to 1 effect of string in tennis or racquet sports.or good string that hold tension better have a longer " 1 to 1 effect ".

with the wilson steam 99s I am certain that it will give more spin and control than that head Extreme pro 2.0. the reason is because of the string pattern. the HEad racquet you mention is a 16x19, more crosses less spin effect.

the more spin you have on the ball the more control you will have. the more control you have will make  less errors. the Lessor the errors the more you can go for, the more you go for the more on the offensive you are on and putting pressure on the opponent.

If you decide to go with wlison please buy with me. thanks! V

I wasn't trying to imply anything about the string. Just letting you know what happened to be the string in the demo racquet. It's not even a string I like. The racquet itself though is sweet. Good weight and feel. Very maneuverable from any area of the court. Very comfortable and provided pretty good feel. I was hoping you had tried the extreme pro 2.0 and had some insight vs. the new steam. I certainly enjoyed the head over my current pure drive.

the racquet is too light for me. it reminds me of babolate racquets. so how does this relate to the steam 99s?

the steam 99s isn't really marketed to players who can generate their own spin like myself.  the Steam had good power and feel. I didnt notice any Vibrations or extra shock from hitting.  But consider this...if i was to switch to the Steam 99s i would become a nadal like player. which in many cases would crush players because they are not used to seeing that amount of spin.

HI Coach V

Thank you for your review. reading your review from the UK. Im really interested in the 99s. 

Firstly how does the new paint job look ?

Does it feel stiff and also what is the swingweight like ? Enough to block heavy serves ?

How does it slice ?

Finally please say more about the blade 16*19 and how it plays please ?

New Paint job good, looks like a steam, information is now in the neck again.

The Balance and Weight doesn't make it feel stiff. If feels like a good solid racquet. its not a cheap racquet so it doesn't have the cheap racquet problems.

Ok. the Steam 99s is a solid racquet. its gonna be one of those racquets that i will keep in my bag as an extreme measure.  A long time ago Brad Gilbert said that technology matters in order to improve. ilie nastase used the Spaghetti strings against Guillermo Vilas and beat his Arse...not because NAstase was better but the spin of the spaghetti strings. This racquet gives Spin, 10% more so its not a perfect game changer but it might give me an edge if i need to change drastically to try to win.

2013 Blade 16x19, was as Solid as the Old Agassi tennis racquets. I liked it alot. Again lets start over for the blade racquets.

the graphics are like Blacked out racquet players get when they switch companies. very simple very PRO the only graphics is a cool  silver reflective with the Wilson logo and the name.

there are 4 Blade Racquets

Blade 93 or the Blade Tour plays like a solid or improved Head prestige Tour. 

Strung Weight of the blades in question are

the BLade 18x20  is 11.3oz

&

the BLade 16x19 is 11.2oz

they give a classic feel of Agassi racquets.

the Feel of both were solid.  but i like the feel of the 16x19 better. the new racquet have the Amplifeel handle. it could have been the string tension.  but a tighter string pattern and a mid range string job of like 55-58 might be too tight for me. since the 16x19 was more open it felt better. I need to play more with these racquets to give a better explanation.

But i have always liked the blade 98,  i never liked the tour or the team.

Hi CoachV

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me about the swingweight of this 2013 Blade 98 16 X 19. Is it high like the current blade 98 (around 330 gram)???.

David

its 2 points head light.? i don't have the swing weight info on the brochure. But its definitely for players. The Blade 104 is more player friendly. the handle is new and they feel more solid. if that helps?

Thanks CoachV! I wished it would be around 320 gram.

the 98's are 10.7 unstrung and around 11.3 strung 16x19 at 11.2.18x20  is 320g strung the 16 is 318g. The new steam 99 is also 320g and 2 pts. head light as well as the steam 99s (spin). Coach also left out how nice the new clothes and shoes are. Wilson has upped their game. Can't wait for my pro package this year, the 98 Blade 16 x 19 may replace my 95's.

i don't really care about Clothes ( unless they are free )

, but the new sneakers are great.

the style is good. the comfort and durability is perfect my Red icon wilsons

im still wearing now have been on for like 6 or more months now.they are still comfortable and have no holes. after 6 months they are bald on the bottom & it still grips.

these sneakers are so good that im buying another pair. the blue ones.

the new 2013 sneakers are more stylish and look Cool. they have a wasabi green sneaker that i want badly. there will be nothing able to match it and will stick out like a sore thumb.

I cant find them on google and im not gonna post a pic from the catolog because its not gonna be released until march 2013, so i dont know if the info is even supposed to be released. but you heard it here first . the amount for the Rush Pro is $130. if you want to advance order a pair let me know, they also have a Rush $110 ( non pro ) black and Red which are Hot! gives my Sith Lord inside me giggles.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service