Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Today I played against a guy for the first time, and the whole time he had his iPod earbuds in his ear. Granted, we just rallied for an hour, and didn't play any points, but I thought it was a little bizarre. Maybe he would have taken them out if we had started playing a match, but I've just never seen this before.

Not that this bothered me that much because it didn't seem to hurt his play. But I am curious. anyone else play with their ipod either during rallying or playing matches?

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not so much. :-) How loud do you think he had the volume? Could he hear when you spoke to him or did he have to pull a bud out and say, "huh?" Reminds me a bit of the professional poker dudes (and chicks). I'll tell you when I do LOVE an earfull of tunes - SNOWBOARDING!

I don't know, the more I think about it, maybe I'll try that sometime - but only during a casual rally.
He seemed to hear me fine. The more I thought about it actually, the less weird I found it. I go running with my ipod, so I guess playing tennis shouldn't be weird. Maybe I'll try it out.

then again, I love the nice crisp sound a tennis ball makes when it makes contact w/your racquet. (who doesn't?)
today I saw another guy listening to music while hitting. except this guy was wearing those big Bose ear muff style headphones. That was even weirder.
Dear Terence,

I certainly love playing tennis with my i-pod or other mobile listening device, because it just has a way of making me feel fluid and calm on the court. I don't have to worry about any out-side distractions or irritating noise volumes coming from a nearby road-way or park. I simply tune-in to the music and tune-out everything else. This has increased my performance capabiilty 360 degrees full circle.

Sincerely,

Jason Lampione
jlampione@yahoo.com (Primary)
tennisfussion@yahoo.com (Secondary)
(631)682-9894 (Mobile Number)
http://jasonlampione.blogspot.com/ (Blog)
www.findatenniscoach.com/detail.php?siteid=2259 (Company)
Quantum Performance Transformer
"Success is a winners positive attitude in the face of adversity."
-Jason Lampione.
Yea...i've always felt that was a lil rude...esp if i know the guy haha .. I workout with my mp3 player...take it everywhere i go...but if im with someone else...it ALWAYS comes off!

kt

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service