Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I've never played..........but would love to give it a try. Can someone point at a direction to go? Do most of you start by attending a class?

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi dora! Welcome to the site. Try posting this in the Houston Group as well, you'll get it in front of the local eyeballs. :-)
M
Thank you so much. I am glad that I joined this site and met nice and helpful people like you! :)
the best way to start is to take a clinic with a friend..find a local pro and try it out... if you go out on your own and are not very good, it will become very frustrating for you and youll end up quitting..Find a friend at your same level and a teaching pro that will make it fun to learn!! also, look into cardio tennis classes, and any beginner social leagues or round robins in your area..good luck!
That's some brilliant suggestions! Thank you so much, BigMike!
i currently teach tennis part time. a lot of my students found me on craigslist. i would go to the local parks and rec. dept. in your area and see if there are tennis classes available for beginners. since you are just starting, i highly advise you to stay away from regulation balls because they will be too fast for you. i would go with the foam balls or even the low compression balls where the balls bounce much slower. ask if the instructor uses them. i swear up and down by them. my wife who played for only the second time had a blast with them as well as my 9 year old. anyways, i hope this helps, i wish you the best.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service