Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

ESPN and ESPN2 no longer carrying Indian Wells, Miami, or Shanghai

I don't know how much this is gonna affect anyone else, but I'm really taken aback...and aside as well, for that matter. Watching IW and Miami on ESPN has been a tradition of some sort. Well, I suppose some traditions have to end sometime. Still, I will have fond memories of Cliff and Pat, Mary Jo and Pam commentating some of my favorite matches.

In the meantime, FSN (Fox Sports Net) will carry the 3 tournaments. Here's an article.

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=530052

It's really long, but WELL worth the read.

later
blue

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blue, this is crappy news! i'm taken ABACK, slammed DOWN, and I want to throw UP! These are all exciting tournaments. I have a tradition of going to the first week of IW, and then watching the second week on ESPN. I'm going to miss that.

As for FoxSports - I hate those channels (only because I don't get them and they are always tricking me on my remote. If I see tennis on the guide, I get excited and then see that it is on one of those local FoxSports channels! .... arrghhh.)

M
I really don'y know what to expect from FSN. I think they carried San Jose last year. But their commentators are horrible, for one thing. I have sattilite, so I don't know WHICH FSN is going to be showning tennis: FSN South, FSN West, etc,.

I hope you take some pics when you go to the first week of IW! ;-)

later
blue
I will definitely be taking pics and VIDEOS! If only I could get a pro to say something like, "Your watching Tennisopolis." That'd be awesome. You can get so close to the players, it's crazy. I walked right up to Robredo last year and said "hi" and wished him luck. And I ate a picnic on the lawn right next to Paradorn and his entire posse.

My beef with FSN is that I don't seem to get any.
M
Blue, Is there anyone in particular you want me to try to photograph?
M

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service