Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Tennis-teaching professionals will have the opportunity to earn the sport’s most respected certification by participating in one of more than 140 USPTA Certification Exams scheduled nationwide in 2008 (see attached schedule).

USPTA’s Certification Exam includes an on-court evaluation of tennis strokes and playing skills, stroke and grip analysis, private and group lesson instruction, and other skills needed in the tennis-teaching profession. The exam also includes a two-hour written test covering teaching, playing and business management skills, rules, club activity programming and other topics.

The exam process also offers a Certification Review Course that covers test topics. The course is also useful to current USPTA members who wish to review specific exam areas before upgrading their certification ratings. CRC topics include student psychology, developing student rapport, class organization, lesson progression and a review of teaching techniques.

“Today’s tennis players have come to expect a high level of professionalism and knowledge from their tennis professionals,” said USPTA CEO Tim Heckler. “Becoming certified through USPTA demonstrates that a teaching professional has skills necessary to excel in the game, and business, of tennis. USPTA certification also shows club owners and managers that a professional is committed to excellence and growth in the tennis and club business.”

Contact USPTA at 800-877-8248 or e-mail membership@uspta.org to register for an upcoming exam, or for further details. Advanced registration is required. The total fee for the exam and CRC application is $175, plus prorated USPTA membership dues.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep, i'll be taking the one scheduled in seattle in april. if any of you have an NTRP rating of 4 and above, you should think about getting certified. i'm already certified through the PTR. but having the dual certification gives me added ammunition when applying with a local tennis club. not to mention all the benefits and tax breaks i recieve.
Hi Jun, what kind of tax breaks and benefits are available?
M
with the PTR , i can get better deals on balls and strings (gamma), shoes (diadora), rackets (head) as well as some of the other tennis companies that the PTR has business dealings with for its members. if you are teaching tennis, everything you spend that is related to your tennis activities can be written off. especially if you go to the national conventions /seminars the PTR does on a yearly basis. sky is the limit on this one. but you might want to ask your accountant just to be safe.
Ive been certified for quite a while from both, and as an independant contractor, i write off everything tennis related for my buisness..plus i have 16million liability insurance combined between the 2 certifications..The uspta is definatley more well respected and carries more weight than the ptr.
most USPTA pros i've talked with say they are joining the PTR as well. it really doesn't make a difference who you get your certification through. after all, as long as tennis is being taught in a standard manner. there should not be any issues.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service