Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

In my opinion, this is unlikely. And I know my man Mac thinks he is the second coming, but my out-on-a-limb prediction for the Djoker is that he finishes around #6. He finished the year poorly, and a couple others finished it very well. He's a great all-arounder but doesn't have any real weapons.
Sorry Djoker.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really, I don't think he can. I agree that he doesn't have any specific weapons or real tactics that he uses to win. He's consistent in rallies and he can hit the ball hard. Every now and then he comes up with a pretty angle...but that's about it. I believe his opponents believe too much in the fact that he's a threat. A threat, yes. But that shouldn't SCARE anyone.

Given he did win Montreal beating Roddick, Nadal and Federer in a row, he's got talent. But he needs to develop a game plan aside from going out there and whacking the living daylights out of the ball. The US Open semifinal between he and Ferrer really disappointed me because though he won, there was nothing that suggested to me that he was the next big thing. We'll see if his coach will address this issue. Hopefully he won't be like Murray: Trying to do EVERYTHING, but not doing any of it particularly well.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service