Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Something I've wondered about a long time is "Why can't tennis players be as competitive as they want on the court, yet still keep their sense of humor and have fun playing?" Why do these two things have to be exclusive of eachother? I can play in a tournament against a total stranger, yet have a good time with conversation between games,and humor between points. I don't feelthat my levelof play goes down. So many can't, and I wonder if they are missing something, or am I just losing my competitive edge by not focusing entirelly on the match? What do you think? John

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think because theres more at stake for them.
big prize money, their reputation etc.
and basically because its their career, their job.

but i agree, sometimes i think its a bit too competitive and they should let loose every now and then :P
That's so funny that you ask. I was wondering about this exact same thing myself. Even in tournament and league matches, I think I might be a bit too chatty for my competitor. I'm just curious who they are and what they do - and if I've just found another hitting partner. Sometimes, they seem a little put off especially if I'm beating them. Funny, but people never seem to mind if they are smearing you. I only talk at changeovers, not between points of course. So I don't feel like it affects my strategy or focus. Once I'm back on the service line - game on! But we will never know...
M

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service