Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I've always known the name Cliff Drysdale lumped in there with all the great players from the sixties and seventies. But was he really that good? And is he a good analyst/ announcer in your opinion?

Views: 892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the pleasure of getting to know Cliff Drysdale while I worked as a teaching pro at John Newcombe's Tennis Ranch back in 1988-1989... He is a very nice gentleman. I played with him on several occasions and he was and is 'pretty darn good'. I have always preferred his match commentary. ~Coach Sam Chadwell
Sam, I went to Newk's in my teens - it must have been around '85. Was a fun place. Is it true what they say about the good ol' days there with the drinking and partying?
I have to say that as a young man, (22 years old) my eyes were opened to the 'ways of the world' when I worked there and I found it necessary to say 'no' to many temptations...

So in other words, YES, there was MUCH drinking and partying going on at that time. Overall, I would categorize my nearly two year employment stint there a worthwhile experience which prepared me for what has been an awesome career in many facets of the tennis industry...!

Mark / Mr. Mayor said:
Sam, I went to Newk's in my teens - it must have been around '85. Was a fun place. Is it true what they say about the good ol' days there with the drinking and partying?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service