Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I only know who are few of you are, and I'm ahead of you! ahhaha! Tennis BALLerrrr, Mark, Poet (geez buddy!), haha Crisje, you're ahead of Poet! Represent!

Varun is #9, nice work! Just ahead of... kinkybear....

anyway, with the next few rounds it'll be obvious which of us are going to have a chance at being in the top 20, just by doing a little math by looking at our scores... math that I'm incapable of doing or explaining!

too bad Elaine, SATennisguy, SATennisguy, SATennisguy, SATennisguy, and Svetlana couldn't make the cut and enter :(
Will Hamilton is also absent?
Yeah, Will missed the deadline this time - there's a real danger in fine-tuning your picks until it is tooooooo late. It'll sneak up on you.
M
Steven, how could you??

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=61841&p=3&to...

"Tennisopolis are trying to convince you that you want to join the team that "blew all the others away last time" (by finishing 2nd last) and had "several players near the top of the table" (1/39 in the top 30) - they're currently advertising this comp with a pic of a streaker and the phrase "come and show us what you've got" (bottom 100 potential being what they usually look for, apparently )"

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=61841&p=3&to...

"- AM.com are determined to beef up their team after world no 4 cdagger/CBV defected to here and are offering various signed Murray items

- T4Y are offering you a lifetime's supply of pictures of the two Marias (Sharapova and Kirilenko)

- Tennisopolis are trying to convince you that you want to join the team that "blew all the others away last time" (by finishing 2nd last) and had "several players near the top of the table" (1/39 in the top 30) - they're currently advertising this comp with a pic of a streaker and the phrase "come and show us what you've got" (bottom 100 potential being what they usually look for, apparently )

- the Ducklings at AndyRoddick.com are threatening you with a good spanking if you don't join their team (or is that "offering you ...")

- similarly the Feddies are offering to let you have one of their mods for the day so that you can scare your friends

- the CC girls are offering to pay you in kind

- the TAT boys are offering to match them

... while Johnnylad is being very British(tennis.net) and hoping that saying please will be enough ...

It's a tough choice ... (and I know all these boards far too well now!)"
bump
Ho hum, I did a good job of annoying lots of teams at once with that post, didn't I! It was supposed to be for BT.net eyes only LOL

I did think it was very original the way the comp was advertised on here (thanks to Mark for that!) but it was asking for just a little bit of ribbing. :-)
Definitely. And I do realize "we blew them away" can seem a bit much considering our results - but we're talking quantity around these parts - well, all of us except mikeindo is just a fantasy tennis badass.
Quantity rather than quality, you mean? :-)

Still, you're up a place today in the teams league to 11th and in the team KO, you're playing off for 7th/8th and leading that match at this stage, and you;ve got both mikeindo and varun in the top 20 now!
Alas Andrew check the bracket you should...
My picks were not so good!
The Poet is ahead
I'm pretty much dead!

LOL
lol nice poem!
oh man.. what happened to my picks? LOL... well at least round two will be better than than round 1 second half? do they play half of round one on day one, and the other half day two? or what?

It's on now Tennis Baller, it's sooo on!
I sucked.
Third from last.
Picks got mucked.
Had a blast
While it last.... ed.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service