So how about that 2009 season, huh?
That's my "review" part!
I wanted to switch it up from last year when I looked back on all the calls I made over the season—the good, the bad and the ugly—and offer a brief look back on '09, as well as give some predictions for 2010. Will they happen? I don't know, I'm not Nostradamus! But what would a year be without me making some calls, however outlandish? Here's a few things that I think will happen in 2010:
• Roger Federer wins Wimbledon, Novak Djokovic wins the Australian, Rafael Nadal the French and Andy Murray, the U.S. Open.
• Justine Henin wins the French and finishes in the top 5 in the rankings.
• Kim Clijsters plays the barest minimum of tournaments and steps away again at the end of the year.
• France wins the Davis Cup.
• Maria Sharapova will win a Major.
• Ana Ivanovic will be back solidly in the top 10, if not top 5.
• Andy Roddick dumps Larry Stefanki and finishes as the number-two American behind Sam Querrey.
• Serena should grab a Slam or two as well: So I have her, Sharapova and Henin possibly accounting for all four Majors. If anyone else sneaks in and grabs one, I'm going to say Dinara Safina.
• On the men's side, watch for big moves from Marin Cilic, Jeremy Chardy and Horacio Zeballos.
• For the women, look out for Aravene Rezai, Alize Cornet and Sania Mirza.
• And your number ones at the end of 2010? Andy Murray and Serena Williams.
Bookmark this post to check back through the year to see how I make out!