Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hello, I am looking for anybody who's interested in hitting balls on the court on weekends. I played non-competitively back in high school, then sporadically since then, but am getting back into the groove of things lately with lessons and hopefully more practice outside of coaching. Overall, I am still quite a beginner (prob. a 2.5) and would like to practice to improve.

Let me know if you are interested in getting to the courts - i can do MD/VA/DC

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

I would be interested in getting together to practice. I, also, played when I was younger but am just getting back into it. I am busy this weekend but would be interested in something weeknights or in a few weekends. Let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks.
I'm interested, But I might be too much of a beginner for you. I was doing really good but now it's been over two years since I've played. I'm in Springfield/Lorton, but willing to go somewhere to play.
Hey Amanda,

Thanks for replying to the forum. I would be interested in playing. Where are you located? Do you happen to live in a place that has tennis courts? Otherwise we will just find one. For weekends we can probably play outdoors (pending weather), weeknights would be dependent on the location (I work in Bethesda and it's usually tough for me to cross the river over to VA!).


Jo
Cynthia, I think I have stopped playing longer than you :).

I would have to look for some free courts around the area --- or do you know any in VA/MD?
If weather's good, we might still be able to play outdoors. what days/times work for you?


Jo

Cynthia Knowles said:
I'm interested, But I might be too much of a beginner for you. I was doing really good but now it's been over two years since I've played. I'm in Springfield/Lorton, but willing to go somewhere to play.
Jo where are you in VA? There's some outdoor courts by me - weekends are the best, since it's going to start getting dark super early. I don't know if the courts have lights. I can stop and check I suppose.

Jo said:
Cynthia, I think I have stopped playing longer than you :).

I would have to look for some free courts around the area --- or do you know any in VA/MD?
If weather's good, we might still be able to play outdoors. what days/times work for you?


Jo

Cynthia Knowles said:
I'm interested, But I might be too much of a beginner for you. I was doing really good but now it's been over two years since I've played. I'm in Springfield/Lorton, but willing to go somewhere to play.
I am actually based in Bethesda MD. As in, I work there and also will be moving there in a few weeks from DC soon!

I agree - weekends work better for me too because it's just too dark on weeknights (after work), not to mention hard for me to beat the rushhour traffic to VA. Usually on Sunday mornings, I am actually in Annandale area to attend lessons - I know there are several outdoor courts there actually and I almost never see anyone uses it.

let's continue the conversation in private - it's hard for me to keep logging into here :). I will PM you my email add.


Jo
Cynthia Knowles said:
Jo where are you in VA? There's some outdoor courts by me - weekends are the best, since it's going to start getting dark super early. I don't know if the courts have lights. I can stop and check I suppose.

Jo said:
Cynthia, I think I have stopped playing longer than you :).

I would have to look for some free courts around the area --- or do you know any in VA/MD?
If weather's good, we might still be able to play outdoors. what days/times work for you?


Jo

Cynthia Knowles said:
I'm interested, But I might be too much of a beginner for you. I was doing really good but now it's been over two years since I've played. I'm in Springfield/Lorton, but willing to go somewhere to play.
Hi Jo,

I'm a 34 year old looking to get back into tennis after a 19 year hiatus. I played non-competitively in high school as well. I would like to get some practice. I'm in Alexandria, so I could do northern VA or DC. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Martin
Hello everyone on this thread!

I'm new to the website and am hoping to find some reliable hitting partners since the weather is gorgeous and the folks I've been playing with have been quite busy lately.

I'm about a 3.0-3.5 (depending on who I'm playing) and would LOOOOVE to find more people to play with. I prefer to play around 6/630pm during the week after work in the Annandale, Arlington area as I work in Annandale and live in Alexandria. If any of you are available and would like to play, please let me know. I'm still figuring out this website. Thanks!

Martin 123 said:
Hi Jo,

I'm a 34 year old looking to get back into tennis after a 19 year hiatus. I played non-competitively in high school as well. I would like to get some practice. I'm in Alexandria, so I could do northern VA or DC. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Martin

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2014   Created by Mark / The Mayor.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service