Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

As a resource for this group, here's a list of indoor court facilities in the NYC area that are accessible by public transportation from Manhattan. For now, I'll just list the ones I know here. Later on, I'll try to update the list with links to their website, directions and rates:

Manhattan

Manhattan Plaza Racquet Club

Sutton East Tennis Club

Harlem Armory

Midtown Tennis Club

The Tennis Club at Grand Central Terminal

Columbia University Tennis Center

Randalls Island Tennnis Center

UN Plaza Racquet Club

Yorkville Tennis Club

Queens/Roosevelt Island

Roosevelt Island Racquet Club

CityView Racquet Club

Queens College

U.S. National Tennis Center

Cunningham Sports Center

Alley Pond Tennis Center

Tennisport

West Side Tennis Club

Bronx

New York Tennis Club

Brooklyn

Breakpoint Tennis Center in Bensonhurst

NYSC Cobble Hill

Prospect Park Tennis Center

Brooklyn Racquet Club

Mill Basin Racquet Club

New Jersey

Binghamton Racquet Club

I know of some other indoor facilities on Long Island and in Westchester and Connecticut, but they're not easily accessible by public transportation. Plus they are farther.

Feel free to add to the list if I forgot any!

Views: 220

Replies to This Discussion

Just added Queens College to the Queens section.

The indoor season is almost over, but I want to make this list better with addresses, hours, links to rates, bus or subway info, and phone numbers. Just haven't had the time yet.
Actually I just added Breakpoint Tennis Center in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn.
Just added Yorkville Tennis Club at 89th and York Avenue. i've never played there, but I'm sure it's typical outrageous manhattan rates there.
I'm going to be in town this weekend looking for a hitting partner. I'm a solid 4.0-4.5, steady from both sides ... hit with pace and topspin. Prefer hardcourt but open to clay or hartru. Will split cost for court time. Drop me a line or add me as a friend if you'd like to hit. Arriving Friday night 4/25 departing sunday night.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service