Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

So where's a good place to play in San Diego. I live in the Kensington/Normal Heights area and have mainly been heading to the courts at the Balboa Tennis Club. Any recommendations for city courts that don't charge a fee?

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

North Park Rec Center on El Cajon at Idaho has three public courts, not in bad shape. They are usually empty midweek when I go. I try to avoid Balboa since I don't believe in paying for playing. My thing is I am always looking for hitting walls. N.P. has some that are child-free after 2 p.m. City College has walls too that you can see from Park Blvd. Balboa has a wall too that is actually free. I am about a 5.0 and am looking for weekday players.
Hello Mike. I live in Hillcrest, as Pat said there is a place in NP I believe these are the courts I play at some times. Also, there is a public one in Mission Hills at Washington Place. Just take Washington all the way to Mission Hills and you'll come to a Y right before you head down the hill, stay on the right lane and veer to the right, keep on going straight ahead, it becomes Washington Pl. A couple blocks later you'll end up at a school and the park on your left and the tennis court on the right side. I'm an intermediate player and looking to play if interested. Take care.
Mission Bay High School off Grand Ave in PB has free courts.
I've been playing at Clairemont High School. They have a bunch of connected tennis walls and 8 courts.
It's right on Ute. St. in Clairemont.
Thanks everyone for the great input. Robin: those courts in Mission Hills are a real gem. I'll have to keep them in mind for next time. And City College is a great resource. I'll head there for my next pick-up game.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service