Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

My twitter friend Rich is hosting a great tennis weekend that looks amazing.  Here is a link to it for anyone who wants to improve their game

http://www.examiner.com/tennis-in-los-angeles/two-days-of-tennis-fu...

if you would like to follow on twitter find me at twitter: sourcesyndicate

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

This is something i would really like to do, unfortunately I have to attend a wedding.  can i send you my email via a message and you can let me know of future events?

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the info.  This looks very cool and I'm interested in it.  Do I have to be a USTA member to participate?  Also, the first and second workshops are titled "Recreational Coach Workshop" and "Community Development Workshop", respectively.  What I'm wondering is whether these workshops would be beneficial to a recreational player like myself (with no intention to be a tennis coach).

Thanks in advance!

Thank you, Phillip, for posting this. Really appreciate it!

Eric, the weekend is hosted by the Southern California Tennis Association. I have participated several years in a row and have nothing but good things to say about it - and I'm not a tennis pro. If you are interested in learning all about community tennis, advocacy, organizing groups on the tennis court, and so much more, this is the best value for your money, all condensed in one weekend. Advocacy is really big now in Southern Cal. Tennis is growing too fast and we are not building enough new courts. We need people informed about tennis advocacy to making their voices heard about building new courts and refurbishing old ones.

Besides, it's fun. Two years ago I won the 4.0 tourney with a great female partner from San Diego. Woohoo! Oh, and yes, the RCW workshop is very interesting if you ever wanted to run events, teach kids, or just want to learn about Quickstart, etc.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2014   Created by Mark / The Mayor.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service