Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I live in Buford and looking to get back in the tennis groove. Played a lot when I was younger and was a 4.0. Probably not that strong right now. Anyone out there to hit the ball with?

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be happy to hit with you. I used to play quite a bit back in college, but then I got married and fat and didn't pick up a racquet for 20 years. I used to be a 3.5 player, but I've slipped quite a bit - maybe a 2.5 - 3.0 now. I've played Peach and T2 tennis off and on for the last couple of years, but usually only once a week and not enough to improve. I just started a fitness program and am going to try to play Peach and Ultimate (formerly K-Swiss) singles this summer. I don't mind driving to Buford occassionally, it's not that far (I'm in Duluth). I'm not particularly interested in being competitive at the moment, I'm still trying to groove my strokes and espcially develop a kick serve, so if that suits you, I'm game. I'm usually pretty available on weekends and later in the evenings (after 7:00). You can reach me via e-mail at: rpbilleaud@gmail.com.
Glad to hear it. I have no problem playing in Duluth anytime. I work in Duluth at Satellite Blvd and Sugarloaf. We can go over to the River Club and play. It is located just north of McGinnis Ferry on P'tree Industrial and is a Top Notch facility. I too am available in the evenings and on weekends. The weather is not doing us any favors with low temps and rain over the next week, but I'm willing to play in the cold. Getting the exercise is for me (also married and added some pounds) is key right now. Let me know what night works for you next week. I have a hectic weekend so that's out of the question.

Looking forward to it.
Shaun
Excellent. I live by Berkeley Hills CC (unfortunately not a member), but I'm right in that area. I'm vaguely familiar with the River Club since my wife and I were looking at houses up that way, but I've never actually seen the tennis facilities. I looked at the Weather Channel 10 day and it looks awful all week with the exception of Friday (Monday is fair, but I've got plans Monday evening). So Friday evening has potential (though somewhat chilly). If you can play Friday, that would work for me - I would complain about the weather, but I vowed that if we got some moisture, I wouldn't complain about it, no matter how inconvenient it turned out to be.
Well, in that case we can play on clay or hardcourt at Berkeley Hills as I am a member there. Let's plan on Friday 2/1 and if anything comes up let each other know. Also, if the weather becomes more favorable, we can look at other days also.
Sounds like a plan. I love to play on clay, I grew up on the stuff (Har-Tru) in South Louisiana.
Are we still on for Friday? What time and where should I meet you?

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service