Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

"Jelena Jankovic is an all-surface player who is particularly tough on clay. Jankovic plays exceptional defense, scrambling to keep the point alive, and has great court sense when challenged. Jankovic is by far the best clay court player since the retirement of Henin, so without Henin one has got to like the chances of the sure-footed Serb.

Jankovic was last year's semi-finalist losing to none other than Henin, so even Jankovic has to fancy her chances against the other top players who aren’t as formidable on clay as they would be on other surfaces." - Sportingo

I agree with this article. JJ have a great clay season, Rome was the top of it. I think she is ready for her first Grad Slam title, especially cause Maria and Ana didn't show their best on this year's clay season.

There is always good Serena Williams, but as JJ won her in Aussie Open, I think she can repeat it in RG.

Svetlana Kuznetsova, Elena Dementieva, Dinara Safina, Anna Chakvetadze and all other Russians are in the top draw and Jelena can meet them only in final.

I think she has really good chances to win Roland Garros this year.

What do you think?

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

I think Jelena can win the French Open. I saw her in Miami and she was great!!!! After I watched her in Miami I had a chance to put my arms to her mom and gave her a tap on the shoulder and I said she will make it in the final and she did but lost to Serena on 3rd set.
I will never forget that night in Sony Ericsson tournament how she beat Sophia when Sophia had several match point and Jelena beat her after she was down 2-5 on Sophia's match point.
I was screaming at the stadium around midnite saying"fight Jelena fight"............fight,fight!!!!!
It was a good match!!! I have confidence with Jelena that she can win the French Open.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service