Open Tennis - Free - Monday, Wednesday and Friday Morning in Broad Ripple
What: Open "pick-up" Tennis
Days: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, beginning Friday, May 8th, 2009
Time: Approximately 8:00am - 10:00am.
Venue : At the public courts in Broad Ripple Park, 1550 Broad Ripple Ave. But keep in mind that the access to the tennis courts is off of Evanton Ave. Just drive north a couple blocks on Evanstone and you will see the 4 courts on the left.
Who: This is for all intermidiate and above players of any age or gender. This is not for beginners.
Contact: Eric Buetens (772) 546-6633
This is pick-up tennis. Everyone is invited. There is no cost. Just bring a can of balls from time to time
Here are the rules we have used sucessfully with another group:
1. Pair up as partners in the order that people drive up. The first two to arrive get to serve first.
2. If there are less than 3 courts playing and there is anyone waiting then
only play to 4 games. When one team wins 4 games then winners stay and split
and losers leave.
3. If 3 or more courts are in play or no one is waiting then play a full
set. If the set goes to 6 - 6 then play a tie breaker. Again, winners stay
and split and losers leave.
4. One of the winners spins his racquet to see which of the new players is
his/her partner. You may not pick and choose who your partner is, neither
may you finish a set and try to wait for a better partner. This system works
when we treat each other with respect. Spin the racquet to see which teem serves first.
5. New players enter in the order of who has been waiting the longest. If
two players have been waiting the same amount of time then they spin to see
who comes in.