Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

If anyone would like to introduce themselves, this would be the place to do it. This area could serve as a good way to find other tennis partners in the area.

So list out as much info as you'd like to have considered by another potential tennis partner.

Cheers.

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

John,
Please let me know if you are interested in playing at the Prospect Park courts. Email me at tanyacaragol@yahoo.com. I'm about a 4.0-4.5 player looking to get back into it after 2 years.

Tanya

John Lee said:
Hi,
I was a 4+ player before but I haven't played for a few years. Just starting back up this season. I have a permit and I can play in Manhattan, Queens, or Brooklyn. I've played at prospect park a couple of times already. I am a classically trained player so I should able to get back to form fairly quickly. I am happy to hit with anyone from beginner to pro and toddler to senior.
Diana,

I live in park slope also and I'm about at 4.0-4.5 player looking for people to play with . I'm kindof in the same boat as you, as I don't know the court availability at Prospect Park courts, but would like to give it a try, if you are interested in playing next week. You can email me on tanyacaragol@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Tanya

Diana said:
I just moved to Park Slope and the city in general. I am available to play most any time. I don't know what the court situation is here - tough to get court times, and what is this about a tennis permit (costs $100?)? I'd love to be filled in on all of this.

I grew up playing tennis, and started to get back into it in the last few years. I think I'm about a 3.5, but someone with greater familiarity with the rating system might argue that one. I like to rally, but I also really like to keep score - when something's at stake, no one waits to hit on the second bounce and it's just more fun to see someone's true game come out :)
Hi Folks,

Just joined this morning. My name is Chris and I'm a beginning level tennis player. During the winter, I'll be playing at Pratt where I teach. When the weather becomes a bit more pleasant, I'd like to play at either Fort Greene or McCarren Park. I usually like late mornings. At this point, I mostly like to hit and am new to the game. Send me a message if you'd like to play.

Thanks!
Hello, my name is Yossy, i am 42 yrs old, looking for a 3.5 or so player, male or female. I used to play a lot a long time ago, i am a bit out of shape, and would like to get back slow and easy, i am sure i'll improve drastically within a couple of weeks.

I live in Carroll Gardens,

Cheers
Cheers,

I'm Derrick, a fairly recent transplant from SF, CA. I am in Williamsburg and prefer to hit, I suppose, at McCarren park, since it's closest. But I'm such a tennis nut that I'll travel almost anywhere in Brooklyn for a good hit.

I'm a 4.5.
Hi Derrick- I'm 4.0 player, also an CA transplant, but it's been over ten years now, so I guess that I'm basically a NYer now.

I live close to Prospect Park, would love to hit there if you're up for it. Let me know, can even play tonight if we can get a court.

Cheers-

Ardy

ardyk at yahoo dot com

Derrick Allums said:
Cheers,

I'm Derrick, a fairly recent transplant from SF, CA. I am in Williamsburg and prefer to hit, I suppose, at McCarren park, since it's closest. But I'm such a tennis nut that I'll travel almost anywhere in Brooklyn for a good hit.

I'm a 4.5.
Hello all,
Newbie here. I'm a steady 4.5, and love to play match (weekend is great). I live in queens, but learned tennis at prospect park. I can get to most courts in Brooklyn. I'm also a very solid double players as well, just in case someone need a fill-in.
i work at the Brooklyn VA in Bay Ridge. Looking forward to Spring tennis. Can play at the Bensonhurts Courts most days at 2:30-3:00 pm. Like singles but also up for doubles. Am 62 yrs old but pretty athletic and "in shape". play at a 3.5 level.
Attachments:
hi everyone.
just joined today. about a 3.0... i live just north of the park so prospect park is preferred, but i'm just as happy playing at ft greene, cobble hill or anywhere in between. also, i work from home during the week, so anyone also looking to avoid weekend crowds, i'm good with that (or weekends work too). shoot me an email if interested (this weekend? it's gonna be in the 50s...)
-Rob

rldiaz75 at yahoo
Hi Thach,

I'm about the same level player as you and I'm looking for a game at Prospect Park. Please let me know when you would be available to play. I am available on Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Tanya
tanyacaragol@yahoo.com

thach phu said:
Hello all,
Newbie here. I'm a steady 4.5, and love to play match (weekend is great). I live in queens, but learned tennis at prospect park. I can get to most courts in Brooklyn. I'm also a very solid double players as well, just in case someone need a fill-in.
Hi Tanya,
Atm, I can't do Saturday morning due to work. I can play Friday's night, and Sunday.

Tanya Caragol said:
Hi Thach,

I'm about the same level player as you and I'm looking for a game at Prospect Park. Please let me know when you would be available to play. I am available on Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Tanya
tanyacaragol@yahoo.com

thach phu said:
Hello all,
Newbie here. I'm a steady 4.5, and love to play match (weekend is great). I live in queens, but learned tennis at prospect park. I can get to most courts in Brooklyn. I'm also a very solid double players as well, just in case someone need a fill-in.
Thach, feel free to email me at tanyacaragol@yahoo.com to arrange a time to play.

thach phu said:
Hi Tanya,
Atm, I can't do Saturday morning due to work. I can play Friday's night, and Sunday.

Tanya Caragol said:
Hi Thach,

I'm about the same level player as you and I'm looking for a game at Prospect Park. Please let me know when you would be available to play. I am available on Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Tanya
tanyacaragol@yahoo.com

thach phu said:
Hello all,
Newbie here. I'm a steady 4.5, and love to play match (weekend is great). I live in queens, but learned tennis at prospect park. I can get to most courts in Brooklyn. I'm also a very solid double players as well, just in case someone need a fill-in.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2014   Created by Mark / The Mayor.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service