Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Tennis Drills, Saturday, June 14, Pharr Tennis Center, 9 a.m.

I am a board member of the Austin Tennis League (ATL), and I also participate in USTA leagues. ATL is on its summer break, and most USTA leagues are winding down. However, ATL and the USTA recognize that there are many folks who are looking to break into the tennis scene in Austin, and we'd like to help these folks. As an outreach activity for these folks, we will be offering drills on Saturday, June 14 at Pharr Tennis Center in central Austin from 9 - 11 a.m.

The goal of the drills is to help gather players who are new to Austin or new to adult tennis in Austin. We plan to gather these folks in a fun environment to help them meet one another. In addition, we will have folks available to provide info on tennis leagues and other tennis opportunities in Austin. Specifically, we're targeting players rated from 3.0-4.0 and also younger adults since these are the folks who have told us that they have trouble finding others their own age with whom to play.

The cost of the drill session is $5 to cover balls, court fees and refreshments. We'll be using the entire facility for our drills. However, Pharr only has eight courts, so we are limiting the drills to 50 people. About twenty folks have already signed up, so please contact me at as soon as possible if you would like to participate.

Thanks.

Roger

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Roger,
Sounds like a great time. You should add this event to the Court Time calendar.
Check it out,
M
Hi Roger,this sounds like a great opportunity to get back into the Austin tennis scene.
I used to play 3.0 or 3.5 USTA league tennis back in 2000-2001 before I returned to England.
Now I am back in Austin I would like to play regular tennis and meet new players.

Count me in for Saturday.

Thanks
Geoff
Geoff,
The way for me to add you to our drills on Saturday is to have you send me your e-mail address. Send to: tx10sroundup@gmail.com.

This way, I can add you to an Evite that I'm using to track the number of participants. We're limiting it to 50 people and have about 40 so far.

So, send me your e-mail address, and I'll add you to the Evite.
Please add me to the list also: kerryfarias@yahoo.com
i am intrested in attending. Thanks Hector
The way for me to add you to our drills on Saturday is to have you send me your e-mail address. Send to: tx10sroundup@gmail.com.

This way, I can add you to an Evite that I'm using to track the number of participants. We're limiting it to 50 people and have about 40 so far.

So, send me your e-mail address, and I'll add you to the Evite.
Roger!

Thanks for pulling this together! I really had a great time, and appreciated all the drills. Got me hitting a greater variety of shots quickly, and some of it's coming back. I'd love to do this again, are there any plans to do this more often? Either way, thanks so much!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service