Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Who: Erwin, Junius, Greg, Rod, Scott, myself.

Who else: Brian Garman said he'd show up but sounded tentative. I'll try to confirm with him.

What: Doubles on one court and singles/rallying on another

Where: Mahany Park next to Woodcreek High School in Roseville

When: Tuesday Night @ 7 p.m.

Why: To practice and compete in some matches. Some emphasis on proactive communication with your partner and doubles strategy. Oh, and have fun! We all know each other so a some trash talk is certainly welcome and expected, but always. . . always put forth your best game.

Other: If we need two courts and you get there before the rest of us, please try to hold down two courts next to each other.

If Junius joins up, we're coming that much closer to having two courts filled on occassion.

Also, I noticed a number of situations (in my match too) where the lob could have been employed. I use it mostly on the serivce return or on the run, but if that groundie or volley is too hot to handle and you have found yourself missing it or with a weak reply, try airing it out!

See you there,
Erghe

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

I spoke with Junius today at the tennis store (Topspin on Kirby, used to be Courtside) and he is coming to our Tuesday night tennis.

Lobs are really nice to use - Benny and I used them effectively against Brian and the "other" Scott on Saturday. Lobs will work on SATA matches as well!

See ya tomorrow!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service