Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Looking to play weekday evenings after 5:30 or on the weekends. Singles or doubles. Have not played in NY so not too familiar with courts and procedures. Live on UES but work on Wall St. Need to start playing again! Thanks. Kristin

Views: 257

Replies to This Discussion

Hi again,

Thanks for your response. 

Let me just mention that I just joined the ESTA (eastside tennis association) yesterday, in that I sent my application and payment to them.  What that gets me is access to the courts for "free" (in that I joined for the season for $475).  I can bring a guest for another $10 (non-prime times) or $20 (prime time) for an hour or court time.  Each guest can come up to five times per season.  Since the courts are located at Wagner Middle School (on 75th betw 2nd and 3rd), there are only Saturday and Sunday hours through the month of June.  Here are the hours:

May and June: Saturdays 7 a.m.-10 a.m. & 5 p.m.-8p.m. (or dusk, whichever comes first) 

Sundays 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (or dusk)

Once July rolls around (and really, that is only 6 weeks out) there are Monday-Friday hours from 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m./dusk, along with the Saturday and Sunday  a.m. - 8 p.m./dusk schedule. 

So this is a pretty long email, but wanted you to have some idea of the particulars.  I was at Paragon sports over the weekend, and I learned that the tennis pass, if you are referring to the city parks' pass went up this year.  I think he said it doubled in price!  I suppose for CP you'd need that, but just fyi, for the ESTA, since it is technically private, a tennis pass is not required. 

I live on 77th & York.  Where are you?  I would be available to play at the ESTA over Memorial Day Weekend. Will you be around? 

Brenda

here's my email, since I nearly missed your message thru tennisopolis:  bbe21@hotmail.com

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service