Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

it's 105 heat index here today. Hit the gym at 1pm, and then did line drills on the courts at 2:15 to get used to the heat for state next week. Gonna try to take a thermometer to the courts tomorrow at 2 to see what the court temps are. I'm guessing it's gotta be 5-10 degrees hotter on the cement.

We'll be playing 2 matches a day for 3 days straight at either 8am and 12pm or 9:30am and 2pm. I love tennis, but I can say with 100% conviction, I'm not looking forward to playing next week. At all.

For those of you in the northern parts of the country. I hate you. no. seriously. I really hate you :-)

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Todd, it is equally as hot here in Arizona.  Mind boggling, however, ours is a dry heat, a little easier to cope with.  That crap you play in (humidity) is nasty.  I left that in Houston three years ago.  Best of luck.  Take a ton of clothes to change into during and after your matches.  Drink tons of water.
I hear ya bro. I was just griping. haha. Totally agree about clothes and water.
stay Hydrated
Yup...I learned the hardway about hydration a couple years ago, and its equally hot and humid in san antonio.. Lots of water.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service