#CoachVtennis ... When the world's best tennis players take the court in New York for the US Open, 9-year-old Gabby Price will be watching closely -- because this tennis pheno...
Tags: #9yo, #BG, #CoachVtennis
Join Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network
Tweet & ReTweet @tennisprocoachV #CoachVtennis-CAMP to Win a Free tennis camp Session at http://ning.it/WtoMFM …
I feel bad for the kid. Way too much pressure. As a dad of two girls, I would never pressure my daughters that way. The kid is too young to separate what she wants versus what her parents want. And her identity, self worth, and her perception of her worth from her parents' pov are dangerously tied to her success in tennis. Poor kid.
Many talented young girls, Claire Liu, Abigail Desiatnikov,.......if she starts rippin these girls she's on her way....
She has been stopped by many 12 year olds, but unstoppable desire to play. The hunt goes on. :)
Ok lets say this GP is Stoppable, but the reason maybe undetermined at this point. or She herself might be unstoppable for now.
MD: Yeah, I would pick #1 and a bit of #4. I could be wrong but I definitely hate to see #3 happen.
TP I pick #4, makes the most sense. I hope #3 doesn't happen.
Mark, I hear ya, big Rick has a knack for declaring the next " fill in the blank". Unfortunately none of them have panned out lately. I think a lot of it on the girls side is to get their students name out there. Nick B. had Maria Shishkina get her Under Armour deal two years ago at like 12 or something. Wish they would just let them develop their games and play and let the accolades come when they are more mature and ready to handle it.
A more balanced poll, V.
1. GP is a talented girl, but not a prodigy. She should develop at her own rate and take stock in her results over the next 7 years before deciding to go pro.
2. GP is a prodigy, should be talking about being #1 in the world, because Macci said she will be a world class player. She should decide on a pro career at the age of 9 and go full steam ahead.
3. GP is a viral video sensation who has the same lifespan as a child TV star. Shine bright now, burn out later.
4. GP should've thought of being a sleeper phenom, but it's too late now. She should shun doing publicity and work hard quietly and modestly. The parents should've kept her out of the limelight.
5. GP should get USTA funding to train with Macci full time, since she has his endorsement already. Macci ought to put his resources and efforts behind his praise which led to all of this.
Nobody is gonna take your poll. It is too biased. lol
Welcome toTennisopolis : Tennis Social Network
Sign Up (free)or Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2013 Created by Mark / The Mayor.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.