Create a Ning Network!
#CoachVtennis ... When the world's best tennis players take the court in New York for the US Open, 9-year-old Gabby Price will be watching closely -- because this tennis pheno...
Join Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network
Ok lets say this GP is Stoppable, but the reason maybe undetermined at this point. or She herself might be unstoppable for now.
MD: Yeah, I would pick #1 and a bit of #4. I could be wrong but I definitely hate to see #3 happen.
TP I pick #4, makes the most sense. I hope #3 doesn't happen.
Mark, I hear ya, big Rick has a knack for declaring the next " fill in the blank". Unfortunately none of them have panned out lately. I think a lot of it on the girls side is to get their students name out there. Nick B. had Maria Shishkina get her Under Armour deal two years ago at like 12 or something. Wish they would just let them develop their games and play and let the accolades come when they are more mature and ready to handle it.
A more balanced poll, V.
1. GP is a talented girl, but not a prodigy. She should develop at her own rate and take stock in her results over the next 7 years before deciding to go pro.
2. GP is a prodigy, should be talking about being #1 in the world, because Macci said she will be a world class player. She should decide on a pro career at the age of 9 and go full steam ahead.
3. GP is a viral video sensation who has the same lifespan as a child TV star. Shine bright now, burn out later.
4. GP should've thought of being a sleeper phenom, but it's too late now. She should shun doing publicity and work hard quietly and modestly. The parents should've kept her out of the limelight.
5. GP should get USTA funding to train with Macci full time, since she has his endorsement already. Macci ought to put his resources and efforts behind his praise which led to all of this.
Nobody is gonna take your poll. It is too biased. lol
I'm glad I'm not singing solo. I agree with Brad, I have been developing successful players for a very long time. I wish her the best as I do for all young players. Our culture want everything now, fast, to become an elite player takes time. Nurture this little girl give her confidence, put her in the hands of those that have done it before, like Rick. I believe the push at 9 isn't appropriate. She has a great deal of development to go. So why push the issue, she has time to build a game become more psychically mature, and have a chance as a player. What is the rush? Consider all the other so called phenoms that fizzled. Pay attention to history or it will be repeated. Rick commenting on this girl comparing to Capriati , I disagree and think that the comparison is hard to live up to. My comments come from my teaching experience of 30+ years, as a junior development specialist. I wish all young players the experience of becoming a tennis player, it takes you places. Too much hype, I hope she continues to enjoy playing and competing into her teens.
Haha! Yeah he has that nervous cough around the wife. He has to control her with that cough. lol
Dad played for Penn State, I read.
the dad should not have worn sleeveless shirt.
Welcome toTennisopolis : Tennis Social Network
Sign Up (free)or Sign In
© 2017 Created by Mark / The Mayor.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.