Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

While I am sure she is disappointed about having lost to Jelena Jankovic in Rome, Venus Williams' performance during that tournament garnered her enough points to move from #4 to #3 this past Monday.

And after Wimbledon, where Venus always does very well, I can easily imagine her moving into the #2 spot -- thereby starting the "Who's gonna dethrone the Williams Sisters?" clamor again.

(There seems to be an adversion to seeing the Sisters ranked numbers 1 and 2 for some reason.)

Regardless, I am very happy to see that Vee is #3.

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Wesley!! When i heard the news that she would move up to # 3 i was sooo happy because she deserves it though. She didnt have many points to defend and with safina losing early i knew she would be move up. I hope she does well this week in Madrid. It would be nice to have her and serena #1 and #2 at the french open. Congratulations to our girl! VEE :)
I must admit that Venus did not look physically fit in Rome and the clay certainly did not help matters.

So I was hoping that she would take some time off between Rome and the French Open because she looks like she had a knee problem judging by the way she was (barely) moving around the court and consistently losing her serve because it was obviously uncomfortable for her to land on the troublesome knee with the serve.

But you know our girl, Vee. She does not use her physical condition as an excuse -- or complain about it.

I'll take her being #3, anyway. Love it!

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service