Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I have been out of the tennis strings network for years. Now all I hear is about Polyester strings. Is it much different than Prince PolyPlus? It was stiff and difficult to string with, almost like gut, but I never played with it. I've played with Technifibre 515 for many years. Now discontinued, I use NRG2. Any real benefits with the likes of Luxilon Big Banger and such? Who is best suited to this type/brand of string, benefits, drawbacks?

Views: 5132

Replies to This Discussion

I believe polyester or co-polyester strings have improved/changed quite a bit over the past decade. The experimentation with new additives to polyester made some of the new polyester strings more arm friendly. Many of these new co-polysters show their best playing characteristics when strung at a much lower tension than usually suggested on the side of your racket.  In addition, recreational players can benefit from playing co-polys at a smaller gauge (18). They will still experience the crisp feeling of a poly string but due to its thinner gauge and additives they should have little to no negative impact on their arm. Of course, they will never provide the smooth feeling of a quality multifilament string like Wilson NXT Tour. In conclusion, if you are skeptical about poly strings give it a try at a 18 gauge at around 47 lbs and you might be surprised how well these strings play. I just recently found a new, great, arm friendly co-polyster reading this review: http://www.tennisthis.com/tennis-string-reviews/tier-one-tour-statu...

I was watching the ATP semis yesterday. There was a mention about poly strings and a slow motion video by John Yandell showing how the strings move, slide and snap back into position. Has anyone seen it?

stick with the tecnifibre for soft feel, I suggest you pre stretch as it loses tension quickly. NRG2 is better at holding tension than the 515. Benefits of Big Banger topspin players enjoy the durability and tension maintenance. Every company is making good strings if you want any recommendations contact me stringing professional since 1977 

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service