Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Hi all

Just joined the site this week, have a question to ponder over regarding string meters.

I was wondering what the meter of choice is with the general stringing community? My stringing "mentor" used to have a Stringmeter, but this has been out of stock for months. It's back in stock online, but wondered what alternatives are out there.

I've seen how the tension in strings can drop rapidly once strung, depending on the string type. If you are a purist i would imagine you would use a meter periodically to check the tension.

Thoughts?

Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

I picked up the Eagnas string bed tension meter due to the price. It is not as nicely cased as the ERT or Stringway but it does everything it is supposed to do. For $40.00 it is a no-brainer for carrying in my bag. Since I play with VS Team these days, I use it on my wife's and friends' racquets since tension loss on my racquets is a non-issue. I'll get the ERT to keep next to my machine to reference tension on others' racquets that I string.
thanks for the comments Jim - let me know how the two compare when you do get the ERT.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service