Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

heya every one just thought we put are best shot and say why its good may give others ideas for shots!

Views: 173

Replies to This Discussion

Cool. I'm in Sanders Boi. I'm always willing to talk about tips and strategy. I even know a tennis lesson blog that maybe we can link into here.

Mark
i played a very top spinny player the other day and he seemed to get me very tired with all the kick he had is there away you can play top spin players with out getting worn out so fast?
I notice that the players who are successful against Federer (e.g., Nalbandian, Djokovic), who has heavy topspin as well as a deceptive slice, use the tactic of hitting short to draw him into the net. With a guy like Federer, this can have only limited success since Federer is comfortable at the net and has good foot speed to get him there quickly, but with most recreational players can use this tactic successfully to knock out a topspinner, or at least force him or her to flatten out his/her strokes. Too many rec players today are content to play back and let the other player make mistakes, whereas an all-court game would really open up a lot of options. Another good tip if you are a more advanced player is to take a topspin ball on the rise and use the topspin to generate more pace on your own stroke. This is especially effective if you find you are having success passing him down the line.
i would do that but were i play im 5ft 6 and most the people i play are 6ft or higher so its hard 2do lobs out side with the weather but yea i agree with that stratergy i hae used itlots on my game at the moment im starting 2 do a new training thing i'll happily tell you about it if you wants its boosted my fitness
I'm 5'6" as well which is why I recommended the tactic of drawing the opposing player into the net and using passing shots down the line instead of lobs to beat him. I've been watching the Australian Open and I've noticed that the shorter players like Grosjean, Santoro and Davydenko have been having the most success when attacking and using the entire court like I suggested in my original reply. Also, I would be interested in your training suggestions. One of my biggest problems is that I am out of shape and would benefit from any suggestions you have about fitness.
well in my club th team i play for is actualy th fastest and fittest we even have a trophy for it :) but wot we do is other sports out side of school and we do all different running things.
We all been playing fr 2 years and he atleast run 3-4 miles a lesson but at the moment we got a new coach so were doing bout 2-3 miles and theres a lot of fitness things you can do like a simple one is your coach feed in a long bal then shrot left to right.
or put cones out and set up a running track or go gym and do alot of exercise there.Or you can do the bleep test if you want any more fittmess ideas jsut ask
Jump rope and do wind sprints, these are the best excercises for tennis, also fast speed tennis drills.

Rob Billeaud said:
I'm 5'6" as well which is why I recommended the tactic of drawing the opposing player into the net and using passing shots down the line instead of lobs to beat him. I've been watching the Australian Open and I've noticed that the shorter players like Grosjean, Santoro and Davydenko have been having the most success when attacking and using the entire court like I suggested in my original reply. Also, I would be interested in your training suggestions. One of my biggest problems is that I am out of shape and would benefit from any suggestions you have about fitness.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service