Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

I was curious what other members of Tennisopolis might have on their Wishlist for Christmas 2012.

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#1 - Starting a worldwide tennis program for kids in Africa, Haiti and the Philippines.

#2 - Meeting those who have inspired me over my tennis career.

Stan Smith, Virginia Wade, John Newcombe, Jimmy Connors, Chris Evert, John McEnroe, Stephan Edberg, Gabriella Sabatini and Pat Rafter.

#3 - Attending the finals of the Grandslams.

#4 - Playing tennis on grass and clay.

#5 - Becoming a Director of a tennis resort

Oh, OK - I see where you are going with this. I was going to say a case of new balls and maybe some new shorts if I'm lucky.  :-)

As for #3, which Grand Slams have you attended?

Hey Dudley! I'm actually in the process of planning a free tennis clinic for the kids from my hometown Victoria, Tarlac Philippines.  I'm targeting kids who want to play tennis, but can not afford to do so.  I've collected roughly 20 rackets from USTA and TVTA players.  Jeff Rankin and Leo Chi to name a few.  I've already sent some rackets and a ball hopper.  Hoping to make it happen early 2013.

I object to the use of the term "Grand Slam" when referring only to a single major event.  The term "Grand Slam" is borrowed from the golf "Grand Slam" and refers to: winning the 4 major championships in a single calendar year.  IMO, the use of the term "Grand Slam" when referring to a single major event cheapens the term, and disrepects the monumental achievements of those very few players who have actually won "The Grand Slam":

Don Budge

Maureen Connolly

Rod Laver (2)

Margaret Smith Court, and

Steffi Graff

I can agree with that but I think we should redefine the Grand Slam to include holding the trophies for all 4 majors at the same time.  So, in my opinion Serena has a Grand Slam.  The calendar year aspect is meaningless.  If a player has dominated four majors in a row, they are a tennis god and deserve the honor.  Can we make a deal here Paul?

A top-of-the-line, portable, tennis ball machine. 

1. Babalot grips never can have enough.

2. Gamma Gut TNT2 Fusion Plus19 strings. Love the string durable and great for topspin.

3. US Mens player to win a slam.

4. Perfect my kick serve.

5. PEACE on Earth.

So, did you get any of these? 

1. Another Tecnifibre TFight 325.

2. An Alpha Revo stringer.

3. A reel of Solinco Tour Bite. Maybe two.

4. A ton of thick Adidas socks.

5. A pass to the BNP Paribas Open.

Bummer Tim my student who is sponsored by Solinco just switched to Gamma could have got you a sweet deal.

On strings? Bummer. Well, I know Cecil Mamlit's business partner. He's with Solinco and Tecnifibre. :)

well then you should have no problem

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service