Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

Why do people need to wear their tennis gear to the BNP Paribas??

I think it's pretty funny how some people put their Nike tennis skirts and dresses on and guys walk around the stadiums with their big 6 racket bags...why do they feel like they need to prove that they're tennis players? Just thought that was kind of funny for these past two weeks!

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know what...technically there weren't even supposed to be able to bring such a big bag in...don't u luv how the security guys up at the gate "searches" the bags? .. what a joke!

On the other hand...Dan prob dresses the same way lol!

I was there on Friday and they had USTA Tri-level Championships..that i understand...but yea, silly...maybe they just want to feel like they are part of the events :-)

Kt
In case

they ask me to play.... I'm serious!!
Great question! My dad dresses up in all his tennis gear complete with shoes and sox (does not carry the bag). I'll admit, I tried it one day and did not find that anyone asked me to sub for a pro. :-) So, right back to the cargo shorts and sandals! WAy more comfortable - not to mention, more pockets!

CoachV - William Vazquez said:
In case

they ask me to play.... I'm serious!!
It's realy funny to watch people you can tell that don't play in all the tennis gear... If you watched the ATP 500 tournament in Acapulco you'll know what I'm saying
Exactly!! Cargo shorts and sandals are the best for watchin some pro tennis! And yeah that's the worst part is that most of those people probably don't even play tennis, they're just trying to fit in but boy do they stand out!
Why do people wear baseball attire to Angel's games-- gloves and all? I was hoping Andy or Marty would call me out for some assistance on the warmup court.
It's comfortable... and there's that area at tenniswarehouse where you can try out the racquets.
Ehhh that's a little different, they wear their favorite player's jerseys or their favorite team's jerseys...and the gloves are there in case of autographs and foul balls...not quite the same. But yah i guess for the racket demo court...but I didn't see many of those people playing there...

Steve Kimble said:
Why do people wear baseball attire to Angel's games-- gloves and all? I was hoping Andy or Marty would call me out for some assistance on the warmup court.
It's comfortable... and there's that area at tenniswarehouse where you can try out the racquets.
Dan,
I think we're on the same team (or going to be)-- Hemet 4.0 team with Don as the coach. Interested in hitting some time?
Steve

Dan Greek said:
Ehhh that's a little different, they wear their favorite player's jerseys or their favorite team's jerseys...and the gloves are there in case of autographs and foul balls...not quite the same. But yah i guess for the racket demo court...but I didn't see many of those people playing there...

Steve Kimble said:
Me too... I though I was the only one wow!

Dan said:
Hey, when I go to the circus I like to dress up like a clown.

Don't even ask me what I wear when I watch a swim meet.
Well, on the feminine side, tennis skirts and dresses are really comfy and they look cute! Not that I would wear one to a pro match, just saying.
I agree. And it must be a good excuse to get some extra mileage out of a shorter than usual skirt.
Haha well that's good input...but thanks for being honest about not wanting to wear it to a pro match :)

Staarr said:
Well, on the feminine side, tennis skirts and dresses are really comfy and they look cute! Not that I would wear one to a pro match, just saying.

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service