Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network

From the wimbledon site:

Venus Williams is the latest recruit to social networking phenomenon Twitter.

Venus’ sister Serena is a prolific twitterer (or ‘twit’ as it’s known in ‘tweeting’ circles) and has kept journalists entertained with tales of the locker room food ban over the past week.

Now Venus has decided to sign up so that she can follow her sister Serena’s tweets.

“I tried to go see her site the other day, but you have to be a member,” said the No.3 seed. “I haven't really been on any of her pages, but she's going to be one of my friends now.

“I just got a page apparently so I'm gonna go today, and then you can see how I feel about it.”

Venus said that her younger sister has, until this point, taken a much greater interest in social media.

“She stays really up (to date). She has My Space, Facebook, and Twitter. I never stayed that up (to date), but I guess I'm gonna get updated,” laughed the 29-year-old.

While Serena said she was eager to welcome Venus to the world of Twitter, she explained that her sister generally occupied herself with more highbrow persuits.

"She's really artsy and into smart things like - I don't know, she's into - learning languages and getting degrees. I'm into Twitter, so we're quite different," said the 27-year-old No.2 seed.

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course, we've stepped into the world of Twitter as well.
Very cool to see that we already have some followers.
Follow us - we gaurantee we won't "over tweet"!
M
http://twitter.com/tennisopolis

RSS

Like Us!

Marketplace

© 2024   Created by Mark / The Mayor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service